Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 07:43 PM

Default Re: AP thread 87.1 - waiting on the statement ITT

i do like the fact that absolute teed off on only part of what was posted, focusing only on hilt tatum.

the picture from the last thread quite clearly seems to be scott tom when you look at the picture of philip tom aka the chairman.
Old 10-20-2007, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i just don't understand how so many articles could have been so misinformed about Mr. Tom's status within the company as well as Mr. Tatum's, seems like there's a lot of articles out there confirming titles such as CEO, CFO, etc. Just funny how Absolute claims there is no merit to these stories

[/ QUOTE ]

frankly, there are 3-4 companies in the combined AP/UB structure, all of whom have executives and all of whom it's relatively impossible to keep straight since it's not like they don't all share the same people anyway. however, it's definitely possible that Hilt is not the particular executive we're looking for.

incidentally, in all the commotion about Oscar133, nobody's bothered getting a tournament history from anyone involved?
Old 10-20-2007, 07:37 PM

So let me get this straight...

AP lies to us for a month, gives the press a huge whopper of a story to print regarding a "rogue geek employee" hacking the system just to show he could, and continues to stonewall us after promising an official statement.

Now they say we should be kind enough to keep Oscar's name out of this, even after they lied in their last official statement, exonerating Scott Tom of any wrongdoing.

ATTENTION ABSOLUTE POKER: Come clean about what really happened and we will stop speculating about potentially uninvolved parties! Also, please note that the 2+2 community is very intelligent, so please come up with something better than "a geek who wanted to prove his manager wrong" if you really want to lie. Thanks.
Old 10-20-2007, 07:35 PM

Glad to see this still moving along, I wish we had a time table from AP. Would make the wait much less agonizing.
Old 10-20-2007, 07:38 PM

So nobody has had a cashout from AP accepted since Friday? Is that what its saying.
Old 10-20-2007, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So nobody has had a cashout from AP accepted since Friday? Is that what its saying.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's saying that unless something crazy happened between Friday night and now, cashouts are fine.
Old 10-20-2007, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It's saying that unless something crazy happened between Friday night and now, cashouts are fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just making sure... keep us posted on the cash-out situation.
Old 10-20-2007, 07:41 PM

Dan Druff: I completely understand where you're coming from on this, but it makes a certain amount of sense not to start flooding the thread with pictures of a guy whose connection to the scandal is an account name (which doesn't match the pattern of the rest of those guys BTW), especially when the timeframe is measured in hours. I also don't feel like stalking these people is going to accomplish anything important. Meanwhile, if Oscar turns out guilty, it won't take long to re-release the hounds.
Old 10-20-2007, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dan Druff: I completely understand where you're coming from on this, but it makes a certain amount of sense not to start flooding the thread with pictures of a guy whose connection to the scandal is an account name (which doesn't match the pattern of the rest of those guys BTW), especially when the timeframe is measured in hours. I also don't feel like stalking these people is going to accomplish anything important. Meanwhile, if Oscar turns out guilty, it won't take long to re-release the hounds.

[/ QUOTE ]
The AP guy who email me (and I forwarded to adanthar) claims there is "100% proof" that OSCAR133 is not Hilt Tatum. So I agree that we should hold off on posting pictures of him.

I think the main value of that album is that we found a picture that I'm pretty sure is Scott Tom. After that, I don't really see the need for it.
Old 10-20-2007, 07:50 PM

The bottom line is:

If leadership is involved, AP can never come forward and acknowledge the truth. An admission of guilt would certainly lead to the immediate end of their business.

To expect them to come forward with a totally truthful account of the events is a DREAM that's not going to come true. At this point I think they are just desperately trying to outlast /outsmart the community.

At the end of the day AP will no longer be in business. It may happen in a week or it may happen in a month but it's almost certain going to happen, imo...
Closed Thread