Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 11-29-2007, 08:10 AM

Default Re: Massive $140,000 chip dump on Ongame

[ QUOTE ]
who the [censored] cares? seriously why would u care?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lets say you had quite a bit of money on an Ongame site, say $150k.

Now lets say that someone hacked your password/MSN/AIM or whatever and gained access to your account. They then proceed to dump all your money to another account and withdrawal it.

Wouldn't you like to know that if this occurred there is someone you could call or email that would sort it all out and hopefully get some or all of your money back?

Thats why we care...
Old 11-29-2007, 09:18 AM

If some of you (namely pokerstarsux and Nick Rivers) could muster a brain cell between youselves you could be dangerous. What a couple of planks.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If some of you (namely pokerstarsux and Nick Rivers) could muster a brain cell between youselves you could be dangerous. What a couple of planks.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT (IMO)
Old 11-29-2007, 11:29 AM

How hard is this to understand? Why should you and I care? Someone got their account hacked at that person took dumped $140,000 to another account. I'm not worried about that person withdrawing that money, but instead that that person takes that money to another short-handed table with guys he's working with mixed with genuine honest players, and proceeds to dump blindly. Even if only ~80k goes to the guys you're working with, that's a huge score. And if you make it look somewhat legit (ie dumping indescriminately, tons of PF raising, 3 betting, psycho-aggro) there is no way a site can figure out who's honest and who's not. And a site especially doesn't want to have to tell one of its high stake regs that he didn't win the $20,000 that he thought he just did because of fraud.

That's why all of this matters. More than likely someone got hacked, and if the hacker is intelligent at all, a scenario like this one could easily play out. In this case, something would need to be done immediately. What if it was you? HS players need to protect themselves...and any effort can help.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:20 PM

I take it that those who believe in the "Stop Snitching" credo would have no problem living in a crime ridden neighborhood where many of the residents believe in the same thing.
Old 11-29-2007, 01:54 PM

I am suprised people still play at Ongame. The site is notorious for locking up accounts. Even worse the support at Ongame is by far the worst in the poker world. The live support they offer is out sourced and the representatives have close to o authority. When there is any kind of major issue the support must then contact Ongame, Ongame then directs the email to the correct department. Then the email is sent back down the chain of command to support and finally back to you. Don't get me wrong, the software is great, but the business model is horrible.

Be very careful when you play at ongame.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So you won't be whining on here one day if your account is hacked, promptly chip dumped, and cashed out by someone else?

[/ QUOTE ]
lol_hackers. Great argument. I'm sure you've been hacked repeatedly by chip dumpers, huh?

[ QUOTE ]
Oh...and I look forward to your list of dozens of reason to chip dump $140,000 that aren't detrimental to a poker network.

[/ QUOTE ]
I chip dumped a [censored] of money back when PokesPoker was refusing to pay up. So did dozens of other people. As for other reasons, suppose my pal wanted to play at OnGame but he couldn't get money onto the site. Suppose he wanted to play high steaks, so he needed a lot of money to roll with. So I dump a ton of money to him and now the site is raking from me and my pal. Suppose the bonus at one OnGame skin is better than the bonus at another and, if I'm going to stick around at OnGame, I'm going to need a great bonus to entice me. I dump chips from one account to another (maybe because it's easier and cheaper than other methods), and that keeps me playing (and paying the rake) at OnGame. Or, since you're so fond of hacking scenarios, suppose my Neteller account got hacked, and I couldn't get my money back out of OnGame without a lot of rigamarole, but I wanted to keep playing there. I'd first want to secure an account with a new skin where I wouldn't have any trouble getting money in or out. So I dump myself a ton of money and then get right back to playing (and paying the rake) instead of waiting around for days or weeks to get my money out and then get it back in through some other avenue. I can do this all day, but I think you're starting to get the picture.

Your arguments are all pretty weak. Chip dumping happens at OnGame because, unlike sites such as Full Tilt, they don't allow large transfers between players. By your logic, all transfer capability at those sites should be shut down, because hackers or money launderers could abuse that and, in doing so, apparently bring down the entire sky and, with it, online poker industry.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your arguments are all pretty weak.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not often I say stuff like this but your posts shows how ignorant you are.

[ QUOTE ]
Suppose he wanted to play high steaks

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this like cow tipping?

[ QUOTE ]
By your logic, all transfer capability at those sites should be shut down,

[/ QUOTE ]

This leaves a paper trail, a massive chip dump from a stolen credit card, hacked NT account, hacked player account or some other fraud often does not.

[ QUOTE ]
So I dump a ton of money to him and now the site is raking from me and my pal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Count on both of your accounts getting locked while they investigate you.

You obviously have no concept how bad the fraud problems are in the industry. Also keep in mind a massive chip dump is part of what started the public investigations into Absolute's cheating scandal. I guess we all should have ignored that too?
Old 11-29-2007, 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
By your logic, all transfer capability at those sites should be shut down,

[/ QUOTE ]

This leaves a paper trail, a massive chip dump from a stolen credit card, hacked NT account, hacked player account or some other fraud often does not.

[/ QUOTE ]
Uh, how about someone hacks a Neteller account then does massive transfers at a site that allows it or uses a stolen credit card to fraudulently fund an account? This is absolutely no different than a chip dumping hax0r scam. If chip dumping is bad, then so is allowing transfers. They are effectively the same thing, and they have the same vulnerabilities. Anyone who can leave no paper trail when undertaking a chip dumping operation can also leave no paper trail when using transfers to scam players on a site or abuse the site for money laundering. Poker sites retain records of all transfers on file. They also retain all hand histories on file. Either way, they can see where money goes and where it came from, and anyone who can circumvent or obfuscate this in one case can do it in either case. You can make no rational argument for why chip dumping is worse for a site than transfer capabilities and, as such, if you believe in snitching out chip dumpers, you should also snitch out people who are posting records of their transfer deals on the relevant threads here at 2+2. There is no difference. Maybe they're hackers! Maybe they're money-laundering e-ninjas! Maybe they'll bring down the entire online poker industry!

Absurd.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:07 PM

Nick, you are clueless if you don't see the difference. One is doing something out in the open, one is trying to do something underground. The latter is a common way fraudsters attempt to get money out of poker rooms. If you don't understand one day you will find your account locked somewhere for doing the same thing endless fraudsters have done.