Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: TE
Witten vs NYG 3 42.86%
A Smith vs PHI 4 57.14%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-24-2007, 10:46 PM

Default Re: A question for those who love sitting next to fatties on planes...

some guy posted a short story on 2+2 that was really decent and he said "there are two types of people in the world, those who recline their seat and those who don't". If someone is tall 6'2+, I don't mind them reclining their seat, but there really isn't any reason for fat people to recline their seat. People try to use the excuse that "everyone could recline their seat" but its just a cop out for being a selfish prick.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm 6'3 and I hate sitting in airplanes, I try really hard to get exit rows but sometimes it's not possible. People who recline their seats in coach are on my all-time hate list. The [censored] chair reclines like 10 degrees thereby not increasing your comfort in any way, shape or form. In fact, I'm pretty sure the whole concept of coach reclining was invented just to piss me off. All it serves to do is to make the person behind you unbearably uncomfortable.

Also, people who deserve to be shot on sight are those who recline and then don't even attempt to sleep, they just recline for God knows what reason.

Even with all of that, I'm not enough of a dick to use this product.

[/ QUOTE ]

perfect post for this thread.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am 6'5" 245 lbs. and can't stand when people slam their chairs into me. The worst is when they do and my kneees dig into their back and they turn around and give me a look. It is not my fault my knees dig into you, I can't make my legs shorter, sorry that you have to recline when you are 5'10".

Also, I try to get exit rows, but get absolutely livid when I see little old women, etc. sitting in them. I am oftentimes the tallest guy on the plane and yet no on in the exit rows is over 6' tall, WTF.

[/ QUOTE ]
these seats cost more.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:54 PM

I don't recline because I don't like it when people recline into me, BUT I do not ask the person in front of me not to recline, as they have the right to do so.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:06 PM

wow, this is all news to me. On every flight I have been on (about 20) the people in front of me always reclined, and I never had a problem with it. I am 5'9, and always recline. I had no idea anything was wrong with this, and still don't think there is anything wrong with it.

As soon as the person in front of you reclines you pretty much have there seat in your face, unless you recline to.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:07 PM

As long as I'm not sitting next to a retarded guy it's all good.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:32 PM

I was almost yelled at on a plane in SF because of a situation similar to one already posted here, fatty tries to sit down but cant fit so she raises the arm rest and half my seat is gone. I flag down a flight attendant and say that this will not work, to which she says it will have to do, I say that due to my seat belt being under this ladys ass its really unsafe and that every time I unbuckle/buckle my seat I dont wanna have to go searching for a loose strap under some chicks ass. I think I also said something about buying two seats as well, anyway the fat chick got moved to a jump seat and a flight attendant sat next to me. Mind you I had just gotten off a 13 hour flight from Australia and my nerves were quite frayed.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:56 PM

^ lol at story above. Must have been awkward to sit aside the lady you bitched too for the entire flight.

I always recline and I really have no idea why people on 2p2 seem to think it's like this huge prickish thing to do...I mean, wtf...everyone gets like 20 cubic feet of space for yourself and your carry-on (if you don't stow it). What is so wrong with trying to make those 20 cubic feet a little more comfy by getting to stretch the spine a bit??? I mean it's not like you're chilling in the back of a limo. If y'all really get that upset about it, maybe fly first-class. Surely you can get over it for an hour long flight. Spoiled bastards. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Is it dickish to turn your little overhead air-conditioner on too loud? What about to close the shade on the window when you want to sleep but the dude in the middle seat might want to see the Earth? I think it's a far-worse faux pas when people talk too loud on a plane. Seems like every business flight I go on some dude behind me has to tell his neighbor about his tool distributor business. Or some ho has to go on about her ex-boyfriend. I think that is extremely rude. Keep quiet and let people sleep or read. Talking at the top of your lungs about nonsense to a "single-serving" stranger for 1 hour is pointless imo.

But in regards to the 2" recline option, there are better battles to pick. Just do like I do, and grab the in-flight magazine, go to the crossword puzzle and write in a euphemism for a female body part for every 5th answer or so..
Old 09-25-2007, 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, I try to get exit rows, but get absolutely livid when I see little old women, etc. sitting in them. I am oftentimes the tallest guy on the plane and yet no on in the exit rows is over 6' tall, WTF.

[/ QUOTE ]

6'4" here and seeing those short f*ckers in exit rows puts me on serious life-tilt. I'm willing to pay the extra to get the exit row too, so it's not that. To all the short people in this thread who can't understand why tall people don't like you to recline, you can go eff off. I've never purposely stopped anyone from reclining, and I've suffered through plenty of painful flights. Of course it's your right to recline, but most people are huge asses about it.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't heel/toe shift because my legs are too long, hell with this!

[/ QUOTE ]

Try it backwards, it makes braking much more difficult but it's the only way I can get it done.