Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2007, 11:47 PM

Default Big Street Actions

10/20 3handed.

just sat down.

i open 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], a decent and aggressive sb 3bets, a retardonk bb caps, i call, sb calls.

Flop(12sb): K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

sb bets, bb raises, i 3bet, sb calls, bb caps, we call.

Turn(12bb): T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

sb bets, bb raises...

my action?

what is the river plan UI?
Old 06-24-2007, 11:59 PM

Default Re: Big Street Actions

Is BB retarded enough to raise a set or 2 pair on the turn? SB doesn't look like he has a set. I would guess SB has the A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and BB has Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and you're drawing to 10 outs. You'll probably have to pay 3BB on the turn if this is the case, which is about 5 to 1 plus implied which is enough.

Unless you think BB often raises a set or 2pair on the turn, I would coldcall and fold the river UI.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is BB retarded enough to raise a set or 2 pair on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes. hell, the goofass could have capped 22 preflop. that said, he could very well be raising the turn with 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2x as well(which is good).
Old 06-25-2007, 11:29 AM

I call and fold river UI, if the river was HU with BB id hate it probably but 16:1 he took this line on this board seems like a lot esp if the pot stays 3 ways on the river
Old 06-26-2007, 12:18 AM

well, so anyway i 3bet the turn.

i don't think it's completely beyond possibility some decent portion of the time not any of us 3 hold a diamond.

i think if one of us holds one, sb is the most likely. i think if one of us holds a less than big diamond, sb is the most likely to be able to fold if i 3bet. i also think bb is certainly capable of holding a diamond, but it is far from necessarily true just based on the action. he commonly overplays hands that he either misvalues or picks wretched spots to overbluff/semioverbluff.

so i thought the pot was big, and 3handed the ranges were wider than the typical fullring games inwhich i play(am i overcompensating?). so reraising and holding my breath seemed reasonable on the fly.

if called in both spots on the turn and then checked to, i would consider a check behind.

if sb folds and bb calls or raises, i showdown, period.

if sb raises or maybe even just calls and bb folds that's possibly the last i'm putting in UI.

also, when considering my suckout equity with the obviousl FH draw, it should be noted my hidden "chop" outs versus the lower part of their [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]range if it becomes HU with either bb/(and probably less often)sb and another decent sized diamond comes.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

i don't think it's completely beyond possibility some decent portion of the time not any of us 3 hold a diamond.

i think if one of us holds one, sb is the most likely. i think if one of us holds a less than big diamond, sb is the most likely to be able to fold if i 3bet. i also think bb is certainly capable of holding a diamond, but it is far from necessarily true just based on the action. he commonly overplays hands that he either misvalues or picks wretched spots to overbluff/semioverbluff.

so i thought the pot was big, and 3handed the ranges were wider than the typical fullring games inwhich i play(am i overcompensating?). so reraising and holding my breath seemed reasonable on the fly.

if called in both spots on the turn and then checked to, i would consider a check behind.

if sb raises or maybe even just calls and bb folds that's possibly the last i'm putting in UI.

also, when considering my suckout equity with the obviousl FH draw, it should be noted my hidden "chop" outs versus the lower part of their [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]range if it becomes HU with either bb/(and probably less often)sb and another decent sized diamond comes.

[/ QUOTE ]This is a jioke right? There is no way you are ahead here.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sadly enough, no joke.

fwiw, in a previous hand bb had capped the turn and river versus me with 67 on a 89TJA board(he was sb and i was bb). i had KQ. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

yeah, this hand was pretty nasty. i definitely charged myself the max to draw when behind.

so i did 3bet, they both called. the river came the A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. it checked through. we split the pot 3ways. BB had 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4x. sb turned a straight. he said later(at a full table) that he considered folding it, but thought i was trying to isolate the BB.

i don't play alot of 3 handed, but at times i feel that hands like this help define action for future confrontations. in other words, an occasional play like what i did in this hand will keep them paying off my bottom pair with Khigh(and at some points) Qhigh the rest of the night. do you guys think that's what i really want(from a value perspective), or is it more important to increase the value inherent from my bluff equity?
Old 06-26-2007, 10:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sadly enough, no joke.

fwiw, in a previous hand bb had capped the turn and river versus me with 67 on a 89TJA board(he was sb and i was bb). i had KQ. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

yeah, this hand was pretty nasty. i definitely charged myself the max to draw when behind.

so i did 3bet, they both called. the river came the A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. it checked through. we split the pot 3ways. BB had 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4x. sb turned a straight. he said later(at a full table) that he considered folding it, but thought i was trying to isolate the BB.

i don't play alot of 3 handed, but at times i feel that hands like this help define action for future confrontations. in other words, an occasional play like what i did in this hand will keep them paying off my bottom pair with Khigh(and at some points) Qhigh the rest of the night. do you guys think that's what i really want(from a value perspective), or is it more important to increase the value inherent from my bluff equity?

[/ QUOTE ]

In typical 3-handed situations, I generally prefer my opponents to be more prone to folding Q and K high than to calling me down. Obviously I want to extract value from my good hands, but "metagame" considerations to keep them calling down when I'm actually going to want them to be folding to me a lot more than I'm going to want them calling me down are not really all that important, and certainly not worth the cost you pay here.

Rob
Old 06-26-2007, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow is that bad.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]