Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2007, 03:46 AM

Default Re: Orange box & Team Fortress two beta thread

yay, not sure what that last update did but my TF2 works now holla. Looks like Valve was to blame for it not working and not me, but hey thats what betas are for.
Old 09-22-2007, 03:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
my computer is crashing like 5 times a day from this game, but i'm still playing.

Anyone else having crashing problems?

[/ QUOTE ]

i just crashed a few times. =( i updated my video drivers and that [censored] me even harder up the ass. the newest nvidia drivers screwed my display. had a hell of a time finding a different driver to use.

my specs:

GA-7N400 Motherboard
Athlon 2600+ CPU (1.9ghz)
Nvidia 6600GT
1.25 gb RAM

Those are the basic specs of my PC. I'd love to upgrade but can't do that anytime soon.
Old 09-22-2007, 05:57 AM

Team Fortress 2 makes Penny Arcade
Old 09-22-2007, 12:56 PM

Ive only played well and 2fort so far but:

-Please make the floors level its totally ridiculous that they arent.
-Why is it so hard to rj, pj up through the grate in 2fort?
-scouts are way way way overpowered. Tone the shotty way down and bring back the nailgun
-No grenades sucks. Ive seen 3 sentrys in the intel room in 2fort and there is almost nothing you can do since in a pub no one wants to attack together
-The roof on the bridge is ridic in 2fort
-Sniping sucks now. If youre going to have a stupid charge thing only in zoom mode please make sure it actually kills people when you get a head shot w/ it
-Well was one of the coolest maps ever and it stinks now. Its probably because there is no way anyone would cap anything ever w/ how slow everyone moves if the map was the built the old way
-gravel pit stinks for pubs

That said it is still fun. i really expect all the good offensive players to gravitate towards demoman + scout instead of old soldier/medic combos. Even though the medic is a total badass now.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:43 AM

River,
Are you finding it easier to jump up through the grate on 2fort now? I can do it without fail with a soldier, although I have yet to develop the skill as a demoman. This move doesn't seem to be in common play yet as the enemy never expects you to appear via that route.

When you get down to the flag room and simply cannot take down the sentry this is obviously where greater degree of teamwork comes in. For the most part I have to respawn as a soldier, demo or spy and deal with the problem myself but it's really nice when the rest of the team is working well together and a group arrives down there together. Of course when the rest of the team are idiots this can get pretty frustrating.

I agree about well being one of the old classic maps. That was awesome, but it couldn't have worked in this game. I think you're dead right about the movement speed being the main problem.

I also agree that the scout is annoyingly overpowered. They should just tone down the scouts shotgun a bit, it's absurd when you see them running around a soldier killing him time and time again.
Old 09-23-2007, 02:06 PM

Just got the orange box last night. There's actually not a lot of nostalgia because the environments have changed so much, but the game is awesome. I love the kind of goofy feel.
Old 09-23-2007, 06:36 PM

I first I didn't like this game. Maybe because I played very little team fortress classic. Then I got ten backstabs with the spy in one round. Now I can't stop playing.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I first I didn't like this game. Maybe because I played very little team fortress classic. Then I got ten backstabs with the spy in one round. Now I can't stop playing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tricking and stabbing people as the spy is very satisfying.
Old 09-28-2007, 02:43 PM

Who is still playing?

Spy is overpowered for pubs. Ridic that they can sabotage unlimited sents.

Also annoyed that theyve only released the maps that they have. Need more ctf not all this control point garbage.
Old 09-28-2007, 05:16 PM

One thing to remember is this still a beta, the game isn't officially released till 10/10.

I have seen 2 user made maps, a huge water overflow/drainage area (which was cool but the one choke point made it sniper heaven), and an old school Well map that is like the old TFC one (was called Well_FF).

Overall I love the game, no grenades kinda sucks, but at least there is no grenade spam. Scouts piss me off, and I suck, but I am having fun.