Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2006, 10:23 AM

Default It\'s time to move up. (some content)

In this thread, I will tell you whether or not you should move up.

All you have to do it tell me where you play (site), what limit, and any other pertinant information that you may feel I feel is relevant (such as your hopes and dreams).

Using my crack investigative skills to determine your poker knowledge, my all around knowledge, and obviously my awesomeness, I will determine whether or not you should move up.

You may also submit nominations for other posters, but I can't guarantee accurate results.

gogogo
Old 08-14-2006, 10:26 AM

Default Re: It\'s time to move up. (some content)

0.5/1 shorthanded Stars and I'm beating it for about 3-4BB/100 over 50K hands, but keep cashing out every month and/or when I take a series of downswings and fear for my roll (which is funny since I then build it back up again without investing more). I have no emotional control.

I nominate Aaron or has he already moved on?
Old 08-14-2006, 10:28 AM

aussiebattler, nomadtla, str8fish and the rest of those types.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

All you have to do it tell me where you play (site), what limit, and any other pertinant information that you may feel I feel is relevant (such as your hopes and dreams).

Using my crack investigative skills to determine your poker knowledge, my all around knowledge, and obviously my awesomeness, I will determine whether or not you should move up.

You may also submit nominations for other posters, but I can't guarantee accurate results.

gogogo

[/ QUOTE ]

Crushing the PP .50/1 full ring game at a 10+BB/100 clip (sample size 20 hands)...should I move up?
Old 08-14-2006, 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Crushing the PP .50/1 full ring game at a 10+BB/100 clip (sample size 20 hands)...should I move up?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've really crushed the .02/.04 on Stars... do you think I can move up to 5/10 full time now?
Old 08-14-2006, 10:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've really crushed the .02/.04 on Stars... do you think I can move up to 5/10 full time now?

[/ QUOTE ]

No way, your Bad Beat Jackpot Drop is way below where it should be, dont run before you can walk.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
0.5/1 shorthanded Stars and I'm beating it for about 3-4BB/100 over 50K hands, but keep cashing out every month and/or when I take a series of downswings and fear for my roll (which is funny since I then build it back up again without investing more). I have no emotional control.

I nominate Aaron or has he already moved on?

[/ QUOTE ]

absolution-

in terms of poker ability you should absolutely move up.
(get it: absolutely --- absolution -- god i'm awesome)
i'm glad you posted first because the answer is so easy in your case.

the emotional issues you mention will clearly present a problem for you at any limit that you play. they seem to pertain to winning or losing. obviously we play to win because winning is awesome, however, if you cannot control them at .5/1 where you are pulling 3-4bb/100 you may hate everything and be miserable when it gets a little more dicey in terms of winrate and the dollar amounts seem more meaningful. i mean seriously. 3-4 bb/100???? this upsets you???? don't make me whack you with the stick of reality.

get a grip on yourself and move up.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
aussiebattler, nomadtla, str8fish and the rest of those types.

[/ QUOTE ]

all 3 of those clowns should move up. easy.

aussie is an aussie and needs to be challenged. it's in his genetical makeup. clearly he should move up.

nomadtla plays like .02/.04 - easy move up.

str8fish is borderline (i reviewed his session--- BURN!). KIDDING. (reverse burn!) - yeah, he should move up too.

will comment further should they post details, but yeah, move up boys.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

please move this to bbv. and don't ruin my thread. k thanks.
ps. you suck at 15/30.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

gogogo

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no. i won't comment on you till you've played at LEAST 100 hands at .5/1. otherwise how do you know your big bets won per hundred hands? we typically refer to that as a "winrate", a surrogate for your ability to, as we say, crush the games at you present limit.