Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2007, 05:42 AM

Default 100NL extracting with a rivred flush

Table is overall loose/passive, but they are capable of folding when the scare card comes. UTG in this hand is somewhat decent. CO I've seen call a few hands down on the flop & turn only to fold the river. I have around $110 to start the hand, both villains cover.

$.50/$1 6-max Merge Network.

UTG limps, MP folds, CO limps, BTN limps, I complete K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in the SB, BB checks.

Flop ($5, 5 players). [Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
I check, BB checks, UTG bets $4, CO calls, BTN folds, I call, BB folds.

Turn ($17, 3 players). [Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] [9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
I check, UTG bets $7, CO calls, I call.

River ($38, 3 players). [Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] [9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] [6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
I'm first to act and I...?

I believe UTG is folding if I bet out here, likely CO as well unless he has a flush with me (or 2pr or a str8). Should I just sell my hand cheap here (even $15?) and take what I can get? What about checking? Also, did I play it okay on the other streets?
Old 11-02-2007, 05:46 AM

Default Re: 100NL extracting with a rivred flush

I don't know that I like flop/turn. I'd rather lead the flop, but since we got to the river this way, it's gonna get checked through a decent amount of times. I'd bet 26 and pray I guess.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:09 AM

i think id make some embrassing bet of like 20 and hope they bluff raise.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:00 AM

This is why the flop/turn line isn't great...cuz you hit your hand and don't know what to do oop. I would prob lead flop or even consider raising turn cuz UTG's bet is so weak with a caller to follow. I think I'd bet 25ish and hope that CO was on a weaker flush draw.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:42 PM

The problem with leading the flop would be getting raised. I'd either have to fold and forfeit my equity in the pot or make an expensive call. If it got checked through on the flop I would've likely made a stab at it on the turn.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:46 PM

leading the flop is better cause u get fold equity against ppl without queens since they dont figure ur bluffing multiway, disguise ur hand (c/c is often interpreted as a draw) and take control of the hand.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
leading the flop is better cause u get fold equity against ppl without queens since they dont figure ur bluffing multiway, disguise ur hand (c/c is often interpreted as a draw) and take control of the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT