Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2007, 03:01 PM

Default Re: Retarded interview question

some really big, old tree because you have a strong unshakable foundation
Old 09-28-2007, 03:02 PM

"What kind of plant would you be and why?"

"Well, when I was on law review there was some disagreement amongst all of the staff about whether or not we should publish a particular article. I negotiated a solution by offering the people who objected to the publication of this article the opportunity to over-rule decisions on a different article in the future."

Robert McNamara's first rule of interviews: Don't answer the question you were asked. Answer the question you wish you were asked.
Old 09-28-2007, 03:03 PM

jfd,

i think you're taking that a bit too far.
Old 09-28-2007, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

"Well, when I was on law review there was some disagreement amongst all of the staff about whether or not we should publish a particular article. I negotiated a solution by offering the people who objected to the publication of this article the opportunity to over-rule decisions on a different article in the future."

Robert McNamara's first rule of interviews: Don't answer the question you were asked. Answer the question you wish you were asked.

[/ QUOTE ]

"The capital of Maine is Montpelier, Vermont, which is near Ithaca, New York, where I went to Cornell."

-Al
Old 09-28-2007, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
jfd,

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. That is a bunch of [censored]
Old 09-28-2007, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
jfd,

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. That is a bunch of [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol. I guess I am too serious on these forums nobody can tell when i make a joke.
Old 09-28-2007, 03:41 PM

jackflashdrive - I was kind of sad that you made a seemingly crap post after your good EDF thread about working in the psych facility. Good to hear that isn't the case. At least you gave Aloysius a chance to make a reference to The Office.
Old 09-28-2007, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
jackflashdrive - I was kind of sad that you made a seemingly crap post after your good EDF thread about working in the psych facility. Good to hear that isn't the case. At least you gave Aloysius a chance to make a reference to The Office.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yikes for every person who reads a statement and posts their impression that it is stupid there are probably a hundred others who remain silent.

Maybe I thought my "joke" would be funny because I saw the excellent documentary on McNamara "The Fog of War." He says explicitly "Don't answer the question you are asked, answer the question you wish you were asked," and this statement juxtaposed against footage of his Vietnam press conferences where he answers questions about casualties with completely unrelated information came off as very funny to me at least.
Old 09-28-2007, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yikes for every person who reads a statement and posts their impression that it is stupid there are probably a hundred others who remain silent.

Maybe I thought my "joke" would be funny because I saw the excellent documentary on McNamara "The Fog of War." He says explicitly "Don't answer the question you are asked, answer the question you wish you were asked," and this statement juxtaposed against footage of his Vietnam press conferences where he answers questions about casualties with completely unrelated information came off as very funny to me at least.

[/ QUOTE ]

In your defense, I assumed it was a joke, so maybe there are others who knew it was a joke and stayed silent. You'd have to be pretty stupid to suggest that as an actual response.
Old 09-28-2007, 03:54 PM

Second try:

"I'd be a mushroom, because I'm a fun-gi."

Ya I'll just stick to stories about schizophrenic karate chicks in psych hospitals.