Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2007, 11:47 PM

Default Is this a good site to rely on?

I'm starting to get into investing in stocks and I'm currently going to www.thestreet.com for most of my information (and of course 2p2) do you guys recommend this site? do you guys frequent other, better sites that you recommend? I'm also planning on getting the subscription.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:44 AM

Default Re: Is this a good site to rely on?

No, I do not recommend this site. Do not waste money or time on the subscription.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No, I do not recommend this site. Do not waste money or time on the subscription.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tend to agree but a multimillionaire acquaintance of mine subscribes to the service and his net worth is ten times mine. He says all he does is buy the picks (the newsletter gives them to you early) then sells the next day or so after the stocks pop.

Jimbo
Old 11-12-2007, 07:44 AM

interesting. I was refered to that site by my roommate. Any other sites you guys recommend?
Old 11-12-2007, 08:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
interesting. I was refered to that site by my roommate. Any other sites you guys recommend?

[/ QUOTE ]

There are numerous sites out that from news type services to technical trading type sites that can broaden your knowledge of the markets,and be somewhat helpful

But theres NO surefire site that gonna make it that easy to make money

What kind of experience do have,and what are you looking for in particular from these sites?

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2007, 09:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe try: collective 2
Old 11-12-2007, 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There are numerous sites out that from news type services to technical trading type sites that can broaden your knowledge of the markets,and be somewhat helpful

But theres NO surefire site that gonna make it that easy to make money

What kind of experience do have,and what are you looking for in particular from these sites?

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. I have absolutely 0 experience in stocks. I haven't bought a single share but I plan on starting next year. I realize there isn't one newsletter that will tell you which stocks to pick and when to sell etc etc. I'm not looking for that. I'm looking for a newsletter that has solid updates in different companies in terms of current outlook as well as future plans. Also, if you guys know any forums much like this one but are more focused on stocks rather than business as a whole, I would very much appreciate it.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:38 AM

I think it's a great site, especially for beginners. They also have a site that is a little higher on the sophistication scale called realmoney.com. I read it every day.