Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2007, 08:54 AM

Default What\'s a good ROI for 2 table sngs?

Anyone have any numbers on 18 man, 2 table sngs? Turbos on stars? If not, should I assume ROI should be relatively smaller than a stg roi because of more players, or slightly higher because of softer competition?

Anyone play a lot of these and have any numbers they could clue me in on? It was suggested at the beginners section that I ask this question here. Thanks.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:59 AM

Default Re: What\'s a good ROI for 2 table sngs?

the more people in the tournament, the higher potential roi.

take a look at the roi in the FAQ and then assume you can have a slightly higher roi at 18 man (and i am just suggesting an extra 2% or so).
Old 08-13-2007, 09:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the more people in the tournament, the higher potential roi.

take a look at the roi in the FAQ and then assume you can have a slightly higher roi at 18 man (and i am just suggesting an extra 2% or so).

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the info.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would guess a really good player can do better than 2% over the "accepted" ROI's for STT's for each buy-in level. I don't believe there are many pro's playing these things.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would guess a really good player can do better than 2% over the "accepted" ROI's for STT's for each buy-in level. I don't believe there are many pro's playing these things.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh yeah, you are right. i just looked at the numbers in the FAQ and they are higher than i expected.

so i might suggest take the number in the FAQ and multiply it by 1.3 or something like that. and again, these numbers are for very good players at the given level.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:23 AM

Regardless of what a good roi is attainable you must keep in mind the swings are absolutely ridiculous. I know from playing about 3k of these.

If you have the ROI simulator just play around with it for a little. For example use 7.5%, 7, 7, 7 for win Percentage which is "21.5%" ROI and more or less what I have been running.

The results are downright scary. 50 buyin drops over 1000 games 10% of the time. 50% chance of going 18 straight out of the money etc..

And if you lower the winrate to say something like 10% ROI over 1000 games it becomes much worse. 50% likihood of 45 buy in drops. (2% 100buy in drop!!!) Keep in mind this is for someone whose "actual" ROI is 10%

Should give you pause if you are considering playing them seriously without a real bankroll (200+ buyins).