Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-23-2007, 01:28 PM

Default Re: Coaches and Coaching Sites: Getting a Free Ride?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
whether they are getting a free ride instead of being required to pay for advertising on the site,

[/ QUOTE ]
Even if they are why is that a problem?

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a joke question, right? you are playing mongoloid's advocate?

[/ QUOTE ]

Racism?

Plus his comment is 100% valid.

[/ QUOTE ]

do i really have to explain all the reasons why we can't give it away for free? please don't make me.

i'll give you a taste as to why it is bad in this case (other situations have completely different reasons usually).

1. it will open a floodgate for all coaches. you are not going to allow some and not the others, right? when this floodgate is open, we are left with nothing but a spam farm and 2p2 has lost value.

2. it is a "self policing" rule. scamsters and fraudsters are less likely to show their faces under a system where they are in contact with and paying a webmaster (chuck)

3. finally, those that are awful coaches are less likely to try and charge for services, thus keeping most out of the forum.

we had a funny post in the mod forum about this. some joker just started playing in 2006 and wanted to be allowed to mention his services for free. his credentials were PT stats indicating a good RUN, not good play. if this guy were allowed to advertise for free, he might have cost many members a ton of money in the long run. there is a perception that if we allow it at 2P2, then it is legit. did i mention HE STARTED PLAYING IN 2006?????? not legit.