Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2007, 02:40 AM

Default Re: Brag: I shot 3 deer in the last 2 weeks.

[ QUOTE ]
Hi I'm here on behalf of the west coast liberal elite to saw that op is horrible for shooting a poor defenseless deer. Why don't you make some use of yourself and kill a bear?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bears don't need to be killed, some people hunt them, but it is the deer hunting that I like and their is a greater purpose in killing them. Also venison is great. And you can bait bear in MN, which takes away alot of the hunting part.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
backstraps are so tasty.
congrats OP

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you, and yes back straps are mighty tasty especially grilled the same day as the kill.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:45 AM

How do you get a f*ck-off big deer from the spot of the kill to your car out of interest?
Old 11-21-2007, 02:46 AM

my friend is trying to arrange a hunting trip for january. apparently the guy who's property it is (backwoods Va.) was given a slaughter permit. I'm really looking forward to it, as it'll be my first time. Venison is very money
Old 11-21-2007, 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Getting a 9 pt is impressive, although deer hunting is not done for its difuculty or trophy hunting. its done more for family and friend bondig and a once a year get together. other game animals are for trophy hunting. if thousands of deer werent killed each year in Minnesota the number of traffic deaths would be much higher. With the mild winters they are too abundant and in the city i live in (pop. >90K) u can get an intown deer hunting license. this is not the politics forum

[/ QUOTE ]

i wasn't making a political statement about whether i feel it is moral or not to kill deer, i just think something done mainly "for family and friend bondig," isn't much to brag about; it sounds like it'd be comparable to making a brag post about hitting a double in softball game

[/ QUOTE ]

fair enough but shooting three bucks >>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>hi tting three doubles>>>>>>>>> one double. Its a lot more strenous and a lot more disciplined than most people who never go hunting know. "bonding" better. Its more of a social bonding event getting the family together and i dont think thats bad IMO. Ask someone up here if they know someone who has hit one with a car. It would be 100%. Ship me some venison OP.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.

Also, I have enough for a 2+2 MN venison roast. Our crew shot 8 total. 6 bucks and 2 does.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How do you get a f*ck-off big deer from the spot of the kill to your car out of interest?

[/ QUOTE ]

We have a small plastic tilting trailer that hooks up to the back of the fourwheeler. We bring it back and then we hang in in our morton building. Skin it and let it hang for a day. Then cut it up and put it in a cooler, then the cooler goes in the car to go home.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
fargo

B.) Two special concurrent experimental deer bow seasons will be held in portions of the city of Fargo and adjacent areas, including privately owned land. A maximum of 45 antlerless deer bow permits (available from the Department) will be issued for hunting in the city of Fargo and adjacent areas. The bag limit shall be two antlerless white-tailed deer for each Fargo City Deer Management Permit. Specific details, including season dates and areas open to hunting, will be determined by the city of Fargo. Hunters who desire to hunt within the city limits of Fargo must receive a Deer Management Permit from the city of Fargo prior to being issued licenses from the Game and Fish Department. Hunters must submit applications to the Department’s Bismarck office along with a copy of their Fargo City Deer Management Permit and $20 for each license. Any unissued permits remaining after Nov. 1, 2007, can be purchased by FCDMP holders on a first come, first served basis.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is also bow hunting permits given for inside the city limits of Duluth.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for helping to control the deer population OP!

A lot of you guys don't seem to understand that the more deer hunters kill, the less of them there are to run into and kill you in a car accident. [/quote

Your welcome, I have never hit one with my car but way too many close calls.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[censored] me I hate liberals soo much.

To all you annoying pricks - if you get slugs/rats/roaches in your house, do you kill them? Hows that different to killing a deer (which is probably eaten afterwards)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, all 8 of them we got will be eaten before next season.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[
OP, what kinds of plans do you have for the meat--I mean, after you and your family is done chomping down the fresh stuff (you lucky bastards)? Do you have freezer room or have you got some preservation ideas in mind?

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course we have had alot of fresh venison lately. Actually what works real well for preservation is vacuum sealers. We got a nice one from Sam's Club. For wild game, they are the best thing out there. Then my parents have a 5x4x4 freezer in their basement and I always keep some in my freezer at my house. Packaged well, the meat stays fresh tasting for a long time.