Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2007, 01:18 AM

Default Re: Tell us about your nickname(s)

Cappy - Shortened version from Table Captain or Table Cappy whenever I'd play online a few years ago and my buddies and I would always joke that the guy with the most chips at a table was the Table Captain (boring, I know).

Luggy - This is shortened from Lughead. I was a junior in a High School football game and I was on the punt return team. I was blocking someone and the returner didn't yell to get out of the way from the short punt. The ball came down and hit me in the head. Our team still recovered the ball, but my buddies just joked about me having a big head after that - thus Lughead and then Luggy stood.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:34 AM

Freshman year of undergrad, there was this guy named Carlos that lived on our hall. He was from Mexico. Perfect English and everything, but he was a little out of the loop on some cultural stuff. Pretty early in the year, someone called him "Hot Carl" and while we all laughed, he grinned and said thanks for the compliment. He thought us guys were actually complimenting his attractiveness. The rest of the year, if he walked in a room, a bar, we saw him around campus, whatever, someone would shout "HOT Carl!" in greeting. It was particularly enthusiastic if he was with a girl.

Senior year, he found out what a "hot carl" is and confronted a couple of us angrily. Good times!
Old 06-20-2007, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Freshman year of undergrad, there was this guy named Carlos that lived on our hall. He was from Mexico. Perfect English and everything, but he was a little out of the loop on some cultural stuff. Pretty early in the year, someone called him "Hot Carl" and while we all laughed, he grinned and said thanks for the compliment. He thought us guys were actually complimenting his attractiveness. The rest of the year, if he walked in a room, a bar, we saw him around campus, whatever, someone would shout "HOT Carl!" in greeting. It was particularly enthusiastic if he was with a girl.

Senior year, he found out what a "hot carl" is and confronted a couple of us angrily. Good times!

[/ QUOTE ]

So wrong yet so right.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:26 PM

I don't have any particularly great ones.

Satan - A fairly obvious derivative of my last name. Standard middle school ribbing. It was a bonus since I was known as a goody-two-shoes.

Seatown - An alternative derivative of my last name, also used by Seattle, where I'm from. I picked this one up in high school. I was pretty stoked that I shook Satan, and I latched onto this one. When my little bro got to high school, I became Big Seatown, and him Little Seatown.

I didn't really pick up any nicknames in college.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:45 AM

paging dominic:

Old 06-20-2007, 06:45 AM

Asian Kyle, because in my freshman year I lived on a floor of a dorm with two other people named Kyle, neither of who were asian.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:43 AM

Baker, College nickname from smoking ridiculous amounts of pot.

Seriously ridiculous, like you have no idea, and no, you didn't smoke more, really, you didn't, just leave it be....
Old 06-20-2007, 11:47 AM

Stick man Got that one from my high JV basketball coach. I was 5' 9" and weighted 125 lbs my sophomore year.

Jammin' College frat brother gave me the nickname. My car stereo was loud and always playing either Maiden or Priest.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
paging dominic:

[/ QUOTE ]

well...Jenna J. gave it to me BEFORE we hooked up. It was a joke. But I'll take all the meaning that it implies! It was a L.A. nickname for years...but no one in Vegas knows it so no one calls me it anymore.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:32 AM

lol, i hadn't noticed it was made your undertitle. when did that happen? i thought that thread was old . . .