Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 04:38 PM

Default A couple of hands from a 5$ HU SNG\'s no limit hold\'em. Need an advice

Early on a 5$ sng. Stacks: i have about 950 and villain has about 2050 of course. He seems like a decent player for 5 dollar sng's. Can read the board, plays relatively tight and agressive. I raise to 80 and villain calls(15/30 blinds). Board comes 679 with two hearts. Villain checks and i check cause c-bet with these kind of flops is a no-brainer (comments?). maybe its not. Turn is A and villain bets a pot sized bet under (160). I raise all-in. I dont know what i was doing but what is the best play. Just min-raise or call and see what he does on the river. Villain showed 8T for a flopped straight.

Other hand. Same stake, blinds 10/20. Villain min-raises from the button to 40 and i re-raise 3xtimes to 120 with TT. Villain minraises back and i call. Board comes low cards so i have an overpair. I check and villain bets half of the pot? Stacks are about even. Push or fold?
Old 11-12-2007, 06:08 PM

Default Re: A couple of hands from a 5$ HU SNG\'s no limit hold\'em. Need an adv

Second hand raise a little more preflop, especially if minraise is his standard. As played shove.

First hand what did you even have? Generally shoving the turn is only correct if your opponent is betting the turn way too often when you check behind the flop. You also don't want to be too deep (25-30 bb seems about idea) or super short, being too deep means he is correct to bet more often if you are going to bluff shove, being too short means he is going to call with weaker hands more often.

The other situation where you'd want to raise his turn bet is if you feel he has a weaker hand than yours and will call a raise, or if your hand is vulnerable (drawy board, you have good equity, several situations where it is good to raise the turn).
Old 11-12-2007, 08:14 PM

Default Re: A couple of hands from a 5$ HU SNG\'s no limit hold\'em. Need an adv

Sorry, first hand AJ
Old 11-12-2007, 08:57 PM

The TT hand, you should re-pop a little bigger (pot), and shove/call.

The AJ hand, please continue-bet. If villain calls, re-evaluate, if he cr's dump it.

And next time, please post the whole hand with a converter, without the results showing.