Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2006, 04:38 AM

Default Re: Are there three idiots in this hand?

Thanks for all the replies. Here are my thoughts on some of the responses:

[ QUOTE ]

(Hobbs)
I think the BB played the hand very well actually and CO played it fine albeit too passively. I think a river 3-bet is not completely clear, but likely best (obviously important thing is not folding). SB is an idiot obviously.

[/ QUOTE ]

Entity pretty much explains my feelings in the reply after yours; when BB just calls the turn, he's probably drawing and almost certainly can't beat AK on the river. I see that later on, you also decided the river was a raise. I think a river raise is correct here for AK.

[ QUOTE ]

(Entity)
The turn is a must raise in CO's shoes.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you believe the small blind is donking weaker than AK most of the time, right? If the small blind three-bets, does CO call then fold if the river is bet/call to him?

[ QUOTE ]

(Buffsta8)
The river is a clear 3 bet as well as its again obvious that bb has Axhh and rivered his ace and now thinks he's ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's pretty reasonable for BB to think, but I also think CO should see what you did; BB's hand improved, but not enough to beat AK and SB probably has some garbage King or two pair.

[ QUOTE ]

(Dootch)
Turn is a clear raise, however I don't think going for the overcall on the river is as bad as everyone seems to be suggesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like to hear more of your reasoning on that point if you get a few minutes to reply again.

[ QUOTE ]

(Zobags1)
3. the CO should have raised the turn, and 3-betting the river in his spot is awful.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, why awful? I don't usually find donk-donk-donk (small blind) to be a monster hand and the BB just calling the turn pretty much outs his holding.

SpaceAce
Old 12-11-2006, 04:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would like to hear more of your reasoning on that point if you get a few minutes to reply again.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think raising the river will probably get SB to fold, and theres a chance that top two isn't the best hand, so you get the same amount when you're ahead, and lose 2 bets less when you're behind.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:39 AM

i play it like co most of the time. i raise the turn often enough, obv it depends on what i think of sb but default to calling if unkown. river 3bet is bad here as you can gain the extra bet with less risk by going for overcall.

i dont really like how bb played. he flop play really ruins his implied odds.

obv sb is fool. did he really call the river with ten high?
Old 12-11-2006, 07:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i play it like co most of the time. i raise the turn often enough, obv it depends on what i think of sb but default to calling if unkown. river 3bet is bad here as you can gain the extra bet with less risk by going for overcall.

i dont really like how bb played. he flop play really ruins his implied odds.

obv sb is fool. did he really call the river with ten high?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, he had T8 for a pair of 8s. As far as I can tell, that's the same as ten-high here, anyway.

SpaceAce
Old 12-11-2006, 11:33 AM

I think:
1) sb plays well until river. most likely he has k with weak kick. His turn donkey is to prevent free card for a draw. he should fold river since both bb/co have a.
2) bb also plays ok. his flop call/reraise most like means he has a-high flush draw.
3) co is relative bad. if he has aq or aj or qq, etc, he should fold turn. his river cold call 2bet means a helps him. if bb/sb are good, co should call instead of 3bet. because 3bet achieves nothing, sb will fold his k with weak kick. if bb has a with weak kick, he also should fold to river 3bet. basically cold call 2 bet can get more.
Old 12-11-2006, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, why awful? I don't usually find donk-donk-donk (small blind) to be a monster hand and the BB just calling the turn pretty much outs his holding.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Dootch nailed it.
[ QUOTE ]
I think raising the river will probably get SB to fold, and theres a chance that top two isn't the best hand, so you get the same amount when you're ahead, and lose 2 bets less when you're behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think SB's line is either a monster or a hand that will fold if CO 3-bets. On top of all this, I don't think CO is ever getting a better hand to fold. Also, if either player 4-bets, CO is toast but should probably call because of the huge pot.