Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 09:11 PM

Default Re: AA with drawy board

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I know that is really really weak but I hate building big pots on this type of board with just an overpair.

[/ QUOTE ]

WOWOWOWOWOW. Please read up son. I am so happy to get all in on this flop with an overpair. You are passing on so much value

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you please explain to me why you are so happy to get it in on a flop like this? Two pair is almost never folding here. I mean what are we beating here on a consistant basis to make playing AA on a board like this profitable, especially out of position.

[/ QUOTE ]

All draws and overpairs. Fold to a push, but you have to bet the flop. Not doing so is horrible, horrible play.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:12 PM

Agree to disagree, but I believe that we are putting money in here in spots that we likely are very small favorites against most random button hands. There are very few turn and river cards that we can bet or call profitably with just one pair.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Agree to disagree, but I believe that we are putting money in here in spots that we likely are very small favorites against most random button hands. There are very few turn and river cards that we can bet or call profitably with just one pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since he just called the flop, we have to assume he is on a draw. If he had JT of hearts, he would have raised us, so lets asumme he had QJ of hearts; the second worst draw for us on the table. On the flop, we are 60-40 favorites, and hence, we have to bet no matter what. If a 10 or a heart does not hit the turn, we are suddenly 75-25 favorites, and volā, we will get him out if we bet properly (and the villain isn't a donk).
Old 10-26-2007, 09:18 PM

Ok sorry I wasn't very clear. I agree that we should bet this flop but strictly as a c-bet as I still don't believe there is much value on a board like this OOP. There are so many turn cards that shut down our action and we will be C/F this more often than not simply because there are not many hands we beat on flops like this.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:20 PM

I like what I see, but you could also bet the turn. Standard fold.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:21 PM

KK, QQ, JJ, TT, AKh-ATh, KQ-KTh, JQh, T5h-T2h, and all other, lower flushdraws. Assuming he only has the flushdraw, villain only has 8 outs since we have one heart as well. Betting here is not a cbet; we have the best hand.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:30 PM

I believe it is becuase, as your said he is not a donk. I think you would be CRAZY to get it all in on this flop vs said player. Also there are so many turn cards that he can safetly bluff assuming he doesn't already have a strong hand. We just can't call here, I don't consider pocket aces strong at all OOP on this board. If we had a set however i would be happy getting it in on this board, just not with one overpair.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:35 PM

Him bluffing the turn is not something we are taking into consideration here. He is an aggressive player, but will probably not call flopbet with air. And my replies were not about getting it all in on the flop, but about BETTING the flop. You said you did not like betting the flop with this board, which is just plain wrong.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:39 PM

I just think you have to take into consideration how this hand will play on later streets and not just the one that is showing. Our hand just doesn't not play well later on thats why betting this specific flop. I am a huge fan of continuation betting but i see very little value here in this situation.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just think you have to take into consideration how this hand will play on later streets and not just the one that is showing. Our hand just doesn't not play well later on thats why betting this specific flop. I am a huge fan of continuation betting but i see very little value here in this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am really not sure what line you want here? Obviously check-folding is horrible, and so is check-calling. Obviously this is not a board we want with aces, but betting the flop is the only thing we can do here.