Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2007, 03:06 PM

Default Satellite Question

Ok, no hand history so I'll explain. 32 get a seat and 38 left. I'm about thirthieth and have a small stack, in the big blind the small blind who is crazy completes. His stack is top 5 and could easily sit out. Anyway our table is going round so quick despite me telling them in the chatbox to slow down (is that allowed?). I have JdXh and the flop comes all diamonds, check check, turn is a blank, check check. River is Kd so I have the third nut flush and villain pushes. I'm going to drop out into the cusp of the seats after this hand.

Should I fold and try to fold into the last place or call and guarantee my seat if I win?

On a normal table I'd be fine but this table is so speedy compared to the others and it's a turbo so I can afford one more set of blinds but only just. Villain has been such a prat he's playing so loose playing every other hand with crap.

Cheers
Old 08-23-2007, 04:37 PM

Default Re: Satellite Question

HMMMM tough one. I'm not that good a player so I'm only trying to answer to see if what I think might be correct.

My first thought is ur in top half of remaining field with 6 left to bubble, so my first thought is to lay it down. However this would be very hard to do. SB just completed the bet so I would be inclined to think he didn't have the Ace, Q very possible. But I feel I would have to call since he showed no strength until river so I would put him on a bluff or middle diamond and if he had the A or Q well then so be it.
I'm just trying to learn so dont blast me if I'm wrong LOL.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My first thought is ur in top half of remaining field with 6 left to bubble

[/ QUOTE ]

umm...he's 30/38, not top half.

I don't play sat's, but if this were just a regular tourney I would call. I think an Ace raises pf and probably bets the flop. Its more likely he has a smaller flush or something weird like 2 pair.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:32 PM

my mistake thought it said 13th. 30th i would have to call
Old 08-23-2007, 11:26 PM

If you think 6 more will bust in the next orbit, then fold. Otherwise call, since you're ahead a lot of the time.