Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2007, 01:31 PM
 is offline

Default Re: KQ calldown/fold?

i think i like it given the passivity and low pfr % of villain.
like you said, you're more often behind than ahead.
i don't expect villain to do anything tricky postflop so i like trying to get info on the flop.
the way you played it, if you fold the turn, it costs you 3sb to know you're beat. if you take the wa/wb line, this costs you 5sb.
i may also c/c the flop and b/f the turn.

i don't like a wa/wb line here for another reason: this line is good when opponent is aggressive so that you expect him to keep firing when he's behind.
here, you're only ahead of TT and AK. and i don't expect a villain that passive to keep firing very often on the turn with those hands.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

also, the 3rd stat (.95) is overall aggressiveness no? and if near 1, with a low preflop of 6% with 24 $VPIP i think that means the villain is better than 2.0 post flop agression, which is fairly aggressive for that stage--am i wrong with my interpreting the stats?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think that is correct. His stats read weak/tight
Old 03-14-2007, 01:43 PM

well, i am not sure what the 3rd stat is...if its overall agressiveness, then maybe the villain plays different preflop/postflop--but as for myself, i often run a preflop raise rate of 6 or 7%, then a post flop aggression factor well over 2, often 2.5 and sometimes 3.0, yet my overall aggression factor hovers around 1...

sorry to hijack the thread, but i suspect the villain may play different post flop than preflop...and with the hand being head up, i would expect the villain to really push here....

so i call all the way to the river in this hand, barring an Ace coming, once i called the cap bet...

(guess i shared more about my thinking here rather than tried to figure out the villains hand, sorry again)
Old 03-14-2007, 02:07 PM

Np m8. To answer your question my stats are. VPIP/Preflop raise%/Total AF. I thought this was pretty standard. So Villain is passive.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:55 PM

I believe the standard is to indicate post-flop AF, not total AF, as PF AF is covered by the PFR %.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:19 PM

I use pokertracker and I tought Total AF is flop AF + turn AF + river AF. PF raise has no influence on my Total AF in pokertracker. So I guess the number I use is the same as post-flop AF.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:59 PM

Location: Hastings 3L!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if he's passive you could start thinking you are behind. When you c/r the flop, someone 3-bets and they are passive, it means a)maybe they aren't that passive or 2) they got AA or KK or better.

But you should call the turn. You have enough to peel here for your 5 outs plus implied odds.