Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: do you think this internet bill will be effective?
yes 32 29.09%
no 51 46.36%
maybe but not sure 27 24.55%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-17-2007, 03:51 PM

Default Re: Kendall traded...

I like the Jets though ! I have always liked them in the AFC. I just have an opinion, that's all. not trying to put you guys on sports tilt or anything.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Dolphins and Bills are just bad. If you guys can't put them away, then I don't know what to tell you. But my guys found out yesterday how bad those Dolphins are. And the Bills...man they're just plain brutal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Look, I'm don't want to be seen as defending the Jets here cuz if you don't beat good teams then you aren't one. *And* we're only in week 2 and everyone's speculating about how to react to results of games that haven't been played so this is getting ahead of ourselves. But to say after 2 weeks that these teams are bad is ridiculous. Buffalo lost to what should be a playoff contending Bronco team and then they got killed in Pittsburgh. Both tough games, thge second one being *very* tough. Writing them off it nuts. Yes they need to improve, yes the haven't gotten good QB play. Its a long season.

I actually think Miami will suck pretty hard but divisional games are always tough. Home and away. And people forget how good Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas are.

Still, we'll likely need to win 3 of those games and that should be realistic. We shall see...
Old 09-17-2007, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the Jets though ! I have always liked them in the AFC. I just have an opinion, that's all. not trying to put you guys on sports tilt or anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's cool. I guess I'm having a hard time understanding what you are trying to say. Are you implying that the Jets have an "easy" schedule? Because that's really not the case.

Or are you saying that if the Jets want to make the playoffs they have to do well in their 9 "winnable" games? You can say that about every team in the NFL though...
Old 09-17-2007, 04:01 PM

I'm saying it's too bad your 0-2 record has come about because of two tough teams in weeks 1-2, because you deserve a better fate. And I feel that better fate lies in some of the easier games you have coming up. That's all. I never said that you have pressure to make the playoffs. I was really happy you did make it last year.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:37 PM

Here's my opinion of the Jets so far:

- We don't have a playoff team. I'm not saying this to troll and I'm not saying this because of the 0-2 start. We lost to the Pats, big deal, everyone loses to the Pats. We also lost to one of the best defenses in the Ravens. No big deal, but if we do want to go on a deep run, we're gonna have to face these guys in the playoffs. As you can see from the 7 quarters in which the Jets were dominated, the team just isn't ready. Sure it would be nice to win now but the goal is the Lombardi trophy and it'll take us a couple of years to contend. Winning 7-9 games with Pennington this year doesn't excite me too much.

The problem is with the defense (LDO). A lot of you would probably hate the idea but IMO we need to get rid of Vilma. Especially in Mangini's 3-4, his skills aren't really being utilized properly. Same with Robertson. I would really love it if we started running a 4-3 more often and I think our defense would be A LOT better but I doubt it happens.

Playcalling is another negative, I don't get how Leon Washington doesn't touch the ball on offense. However I liked the way TJ ran yesterday so there are some positives.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:49 PM

I'm interesting in hearing the fan perspective...
Old 09-17-2007, 04:59 PM

These next 2 games are HUGE for us. If we don't take them both, then IMO Clemens should start for the rest of the year. I really like what I saw from Clemens. His first NFL start on the road vs. arguably the best defense in the league and he stood in there, took his lumps and showed poise in the pocket. Do we know if he's our QB for the next 7 years? Not right now but it seems like he has the physical and mental tools to be effective in this league.
So my answer depends on what goes on vs. MIA and BUF.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:08 PM

clemens showed me a lot in that last drive, he should have won the game but mcareins sucks
Old 09-17-2007, 05:34 PM

Default The story of six

Anyone catch the story of why Kelley Clemens's family calls him six?

The dude comes from a family of cowboys or something like that.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:39 PM

I voted Pennington. I come from the old school, I feel a player should not lose his job due to injury.