Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2006, 03:27 AM

Default Re: Ask me Fantasy Football questions to help you win your league

Am I nut for thinking of starting Rudi Johnson against the terrible run defense(but solid pass defense)over either Westbrook or LJ? (who is up against the brutal Ravens)

Also, how do you rank Garcia, Young or Eli this week? TDs are 5. The league gives 2pts for every 5 completions and -1 for 5 incompletions, so guys who throw more with a decent completion percentage get a few extra.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Should I start as my D/ST:

Steelers v Browns
Vikings @ Lions

[/ QUOTE ]

Steelers.

[ QUOTE ]
1st round of playoffs, I obviously need a win. Fairly standard scoring with 3 bonus points for 100 yard games and 40+ yard TDs. We start 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex. My normal starters (when healthy) in these 5 spots are:

Westbrook
Kevin Jones
Addai
Fitzgerald
Evans

Other options are Lundy, Santana Moss. Westbrook's banged up again, and Addai and Jones have dreadful matchups. Stick with the status quo?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. The only change I'd think about is Lundy for Kevin Jones based on the matchup, but I am afraid that Lundy will split reps. Santana Moss has NEVER done well vs. Philly.

[ QUOTE ]
I have Jacksonville for my defense/special teams. I'm not feeling good about this week's game vs. Indy. I could drop them and pick up one of the following. What do you recommend?

Philly @ Wash
Dolphins vs. NE
NYG @ Carolina
Minn. @ Detroit
Chiefs vs. Balt.
Clev. @ Pitt
Jets vs. Buff
Titans @ Houston

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming you don't lose points for yardage allowed, Minnesota is the pick.

[ QUOTE ]
I've got a pretty ugly dilemma at running back. Standard Yahoo scoring PLUS .25 per reception (i.e. we count fractional points as well).

Two of:
Cedric Benson
Ciatrick Fason
Ahman Green

Also, there is a flex spot in my league. Should I start all three of them to the exclusion of Rod Smith as my WR/RB?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I wouldn't use Rod Smith as like my 4th or 5th receiver. The RBs should be fine.

[ QUOTE ]
VY or Phil Rivers
NYJ D/ST or ARI D/ST
Antonio Bryant or Reche Caldwell

All TDs worth 6, standard yardage, no points for D/ST based on yards

[/ QUOTE ]

Young over Rivers, Jets DST and Caldwell over Bryant.

[ QUOTE ]
1 pt/25 yards passing, 4 pts/throwing TD
Hasselback or Pennington?

1 pt/10 yards rushing, 6 pts for rushing/receiving TD
Dominic Rhodes or DeShaun Foster?

[/ QUOTE ]

Neither QB is very good because both teams will run a bunch. Go with Hasselbeck. The RBs are awful, I'd go Foster if he's healthy.

[ QUOTE ]
Into the playoffs as the #2 seed in a 12 team league, so I have a bye this week, but my team's turned ugly of recent and lost the last three, two close ones, one was a blowout. My team (standard scoring, except you need 20 rushing or receiving yards per point):

QB's (two start)
Bulger, Carr, Campbell
RB's (two start)
Tiki, Brown, Ahman, Benson
WR's (three start)
Harrison, Boldin, Johnson, Brown, Galloway, Caldwell
TE: Gates
K: Scobee
Def: Chargers

I'd like to get a better QB - looking at who's not made the playoffs, one team has Brady and Kitna, another has Brees, and another has Vick. The two other teams have nobody worth getting and the third has already traded away Romo. Could I realistically trade for any of these four options without leaving me very weak at RB or WR?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, are trades seriously allowed? That's so weird.

Sit Campbell. Sit Benson and Brown. Sit Brown Galloway Caldwell.

[ QUOTE ]
What site?

And here's a strategy question:

I have a playoff birth locked up. We are a 12 team league. 4 teams make the playoffs. If I lose this week, I'll be the #4 seed. If I win, I'll be the #2 seed.

I believe I will have a better shot at beat #1 in week 15 than #3. So, do I intentionally lose this week in order to position myself better for Week 15?

Add a twist - If I lose, team A gets the last playoff spot. If I win, team B gets the last playoff spot. So, losing intentionally screws team B.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're asking for trouble if you do this, but if you are really, truly believing that you can beat the 1 seed (look at the matchups in week 15 first), then throw the game. You'll never see it happen in the NFL, but I always see it happen in fantasy, usually with the team that was supposed to lose killing the team that intentionally lost.

[ QUOTE ]
Have gone with Bulger all year but I think I need a change this week. Here's whats available

Roethlisburger v. Cleveland
Green v. Baltimore
Bulger v. Chicago
Garcia v. Washington

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Bulger maxes out at 250 and 2 tds with 2 ints in the game. I think Green comes closest to getting to those numbers, but he has a tough matchup too. Run an AK vs. QQ race to see who starts (in other words, a coin flip).

[ QUOTE ]
Romo vs NO
or
Palmer vs Oak

30 pass yd/1pt, 1TD/6pt

[/ QUOTE ]

Romo.

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for doing this [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

some things I'm curious about this week (salary league, so I have to compare players of various different levels):

1. What type of performances do you expect from Ladell Betts this week against Philly? How about Alexander against Arizona?

2. How about Bears defense? Would you overpay for them or do you expect a similar performance from either Cincy or Pitt or some not-quite-as-high-profile team like that?

edit to add: defense is ESPN scoring league style

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Alexander goes berserk. Betts will do fine too, but Alexander will do much better. And I'd go cheap with the Cincy defense -- or the Steelers defense -- if it meant saving your cap.

[ QUOTE ]
Play 1 RB, 3 WR/TE's, 1 flex. The point system is much more WR than RB friendly.

Does Mike Bell have any value at this point? My other RB's are Tatum and McGahee. With McGahee & Joe Horn both questionable, I don't want to be forced to play M-Bell so I'm thinking about dropping him for Randy McMichael...thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I think Mike Bell is in the doghouse in Denver.

[ QUOTE ]
Playoff week 1 is NFL Week 15. Spot already tied up. Winning the first playoff game is a must.

(1) QB (scoring: 1 pt per 50 yds + 2 pts per 300 yds + 4 passing TD + 6 rushing TD - 1 turnover)
Bulger (@ OAK)
Leinart (vs DEN)
Garcia (@ NYG)

(4) RB/WR (scoring: 1 per 20 yds + 2 per 100 yds + 6 rushing TD - 1 turnover + passing as above)\
Westbrook <-- obv starter
Lundy (@ NE)
Houston (@ MIN)
Ward (if he plays @ CAR)
Bennett (vs CLE)
Clayton (@ BUF)
Jackson (vs SF) <-- presumed starter
Kennison (@ SD)
S. Moss (@ NO)

(1) D/SP (scoring: 1 per turnover/sack + 6 TD + [7 pts shutout, 3 pts <4, 1 pt <8])
PATRIOTS (vs HOU) <-- presumed starter
SEAHAWKS (vs SF)

EDIT for roster change

[/ QUOTE ]

I would TENATIVELY start:

Bulger
Ward and Santana

[ QUOTE ]
Am I nut for thinking of starting Rudi Johnson against the terrible run defense(but solid pass defense)over either Westbrook or LJ? (who is up against the brutal Ravens)

Also, how do you rank Garcia, Young or Eli this week? TDs are 5. The league gives 2pts for every 5 completions and -1 for 5 incompletions, so guys who throw more with a decent completion percentage get a few extra.

[/ QUOTE ]

Expect around 120 total yards from LJ. Maybe a TD. Definitely not a must-start. I like Rudi and Westbrook tons.

Love Vince Young.

Happy to help, you guys!
Old 12-07-2006, 10:34 AM

Hey dozer...thanks for doing this, man. I don't ask a ton of WDIS questions because I like figuring it out on my own, but now that there's some money at stake, I figure it'd be good to get some other opinions.

Two of Gore, Lewis, and T. Jones (I'm thinking Gore and Jones)

1 of T. Henry, Droughns, and Jones-Drew (I'm thinking Henry).

10 rec/rush yards per pt in both leagues.

Thanks in advance.

-McGee
Old 12-07-2006, 06:22 PM

QB: Bulger vs Chicago or Garrard vs. Indy
No PPR
Pick 3 RB
Larry Johnson vs Bal
Frank Gore vs GB
McGahee vs. NYJ
DeAnglo Williams vs NYG
Kevin Jones vs Min
Lundy vs Tenn

WR
Do you sit Muhammad, Stallworth or Roy Williams in favor of matt jones who i just picked up?

Thanks
Old 12-07-2006, 07:13 PM

Allright Dozer, who should I start?

RB (need one)

-Thomas Jones @ St. Louis
-Cedric Benson @ St. Louis
-Julius Jones vs New Orleans

Defense
-Chargers at home vs Cutler and Broncos
-Titans @ Houston

Thanks!
Old 12-07-2006, 08:23 PM

What do you think of the FA defense strategy, where each week you just pick up a different defense depending on the matchups
Old 12-08-2006, 09:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey dozer...thanks for doing this, man. I don't ask a ton of WDIS questions because I like figuring it out on my own, but now that there's some money at stake, I figure it'd be good to get some other opinions.

Two of Gore, Lewis, and T. Jones (I'm thinking Gore and Jones)

1 of T. Henry, Droughns, and Jones-Drew (I'm thinking Henry).

10 rec/rush yards per pt in both leagues.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I'd sit Lewis too. The matchup has nothing to do with it -- I just think Jones and Gore will get a ton of yardage.

I really like Henry this week, and I'm a guy who hates Henry in general.

[ QUOTE ]
QB: Bulger vs Chicago or Garrard vs. Indy
No PPR
Pick 3 RB
Larry Johnson vs Bal
Frank Gore vs GB
McGahee vs. NYJ
DeAnglo Williams vs NYG
Kevin Jones vs Min
Lundy vs Tenn

WR
Do you sit Muhammad, Stallworth or Roy Williams in favor of matt jones who i just picked up?

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Bulger at QB (but it's closer than you'd think). Gore, LJ and McGahee if he plays (he should) at RB.

I would not sit Roy Williams this week in any league under any situation.

[ QUOTE ]
Allright Dozer, who should I start?

RB (need one)

-Thomas Jones @ St. Louis
-Cedric Benson @ St. Louis
-Julius Jones vs New Orleans

Defense
-Chargers at home vs Cutler and Broncos
-Titans @ Houston

Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd really think hard about using both Bears backs, although we do know that Julius will get 10+ carries and that the Saints run defense can be gashed. Julius has a better shot at out-rushing Benson, but Benson might get a TD that Jones has almost no shot at getting.

Chargers D.

[ QUOTE ]
What do you think of the FA defense strategy, where each week you just pick up a different defense depending on the matchups

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming that you have DEEP rosters (16-plus spots in standard play) and that it costs you nothing to add/drop DSTs, I don't think it's bad. Every year two or more defenses come out of the middle of the pack and be good, and those who use the waiver wire can usually scoop them up. I usually go this route with kickers and DSTs, planning a week in advance, drafting the one DST and kicker that have nice matchups through weeks 1-4.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I do this, and it sometimes sucks, but you aren't too far behind someone who picked a good def in the 6th round anyways. Playing Cle defense vs Pit, Cinci defense vs Cle has worked wonders the past few weeks for me.
Old 12-08-2006, 03:39 PM

QB (Pick 1)
Garcia @ Was
Bulger vs Chi
Young @ Hou

RB (Pick 2)
Gore vs GB
Jackson vs Chi
Benson @ Stl

WR (Pick 3)
Jenkins @ TB