Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of the game balance?
Heavily favored the Village 3 13.64%
Favored the Village 8 36.36%
Balanced 9 40.91%
Favored the Demons 2 9.09%
Heavily favored the Demons 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-23-2007, 03:40 PM

Default Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

[ QUOTE ]
rvg72,

Could you take a moment to look at these threads and comment on how you are going to implement copy protection into HEM?

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...age=0&vc=1

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...;gonew=1#UNREAD

I've downloaded your beta twice yet haven't worked up the nerve to install it. Admittedly, I was planning on upgrading to PT3 mainly because I was used to using PT, figured the learning curve on PT3 wouldn't be as steep, and some of the XML related things I've been reading here have been making my head spin. However, if you are going to implement a reasonable copy protection scheme that doesn't involve secretive transmissions over the Internet, consider me one of your new users.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi, at this point I will be using the same method as Tourney Manager which is you get a reference number on install and I provide a serial number to you. If you need to install it somewhere else you send me the new reference number. I'll probably implement something a bit more automated but it has worked pretty well so far.

So, no internet connection will be established from the program unless you have the version checking on.

[ QUOTE ]

The "Use vs Player" option in Filters doesn't seem to do anything for me. Can't select player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed in 0.59b which will be available today.

[ QUOTE ]
when i try to open holdemmanager: "the following error occured when trying to open the database: no connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it"

what should i do?

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume you already installed postgres, right? Go into Control Panel - Admin - Services and find the postgres services then right click and press Start. That should do it.

[ QUOTE ]
Instead of 120h/s I'm still getting 30h/s and I've changed nothing..

[/ QUOTE ]

Which version? Also, realize that imports are now no longer simply importing - they are also preparing all HUD stats for all players on recent and active tables.

[ QUOTE ]

two things i use regularly with PT that i'm not seeing in HM (maybe i'm just missing them):

1) export hand history w/ filters
in PT, you can use all kinds of filters to get a specific set of hands and then export. in HM, the only export i can find is the "export" button on the DB screen (btw this takes way too long for a large DB)

2) delete hands w/ filters
i need to be able to delete a particular player's hands, or delete hands using a date/site/game filter, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, I can add that.

rvg
Old 11-23-2007, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
when i try to open holdemmanager: "the following error occured when trying to open the database: no connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it"

what should i do?

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume you already installed postgres, right? Go into Control Panel - Admin - Services and find the postgres services then right click and press Start. That should do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

doesn't work. i even tried reinstalling everything. i keep getting the same message.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

what should i do?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

when i do that it says:

services: the postgregsqp database server 8.2 service on local computer started and then stopped. some services stop automatically if they are not inuse by other services or programs.

what does that mean?
Old 11-24-2007, 05:57 AM

I assume this program supports UB and I'm just not smart enough to get my hands imported correctly into Holdem Manager?
Old 11-24-2007, 11:54 AM

@rvg how about closing this thread and open a new one with a faq ?(sites supported, hud, blabla)
Old 11-24-2007, 12:55 PM

Rvg,

any plans to add everest poker?
Old 11-24-2007, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

The "Use vs Player" option in Filters doesn't seem to do anything for me. Can't select player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed in 0.59b which will be available today.

[/ QUOTE ]

So where is version 59b?
Old 11-25-2007, 07:03 AM

related to the speed issue : imported some stars and ipoker hands today, import speed was about 280hands/second.
tested this with v.055 and i got only 80hands/second.
so i guess 0.57a did a big boost for me.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:53 AM

I had to put the latest build back into a private beta because there were a lot of changes and I didn't want everyone to have to deal with any new bugs.

The current version expires on the 30th so will have 0.60b released by then.

rvg
Old 11-26-2007, 07:16 PM

is the hud available yet?