Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of the game balance?
Heavily favored the Village 3 13.64%
Favored the Village 8 36.36%
Balanced 9 40.91%
Favored the Demons 2 9.09%
Heavily favored the Demons 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-14-2007, 08:04 PM

Default Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

[ QUOTE ]
im in the blocks waiting for 150k+ hands to be imported [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm - I've got close to a million hands to re-import they're already in the current version of HM). I've been datamining FTP for weeks now.

C'mon, Roy - the natives are getting restless. . .

Cheers, Carl.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
still on pace?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm trying to get the tourney winnings piece done but it's taking longer than I hoped. I'll probably have to release this update without this piece being done (although you'll still have a record of all the tourneys you played in) and then release a patch that goes back and figures out all the winnings.

Not going to happen tonight though although hopefully the private beta group will be getting a final update (or at least close to it) tonight.

rvg
Old 10-14-2007, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've got close to a million hands to re-import they're already in the current version of HM

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrapping up the "old HM version importer" piece as well so you can import right from the old DB

rvg
Old 10-15-2007, 12:50 PM

I installed HM this weekend and imported my Stars hands without incident or errors. Some really interesting features and I look forward to the final release.

But, after reboot, I can not connect to the database. The first error stats that HM cannot read data from the transport connection. Then the test connection dialog comes up and when I test the connection, it says that the connection was forcibly closed. I have the standardized logon and password.

I'm running XP, I've tried this without firewall and AV turned on to no avail. I added a service exception for postgres in the windows firewall just incase that was a problem but I played with the program for about 4 hours before turning it off last night so I doubt that was an issue.

So, I uninstalled HM and postgres, deleted the postgres directory after the uninstall so the existing database would be wiped (yes, I tried an install without wiping the directory first but that did not help.) I did a fresh install, reimported my meager amount of hands again and all worked well. When I rebooted I could not connect to the database again.

In the pg_hba.conf file I tried setting the method on local connections to trust from md5 but no joy there either.

The postgres site says that version 8.2 has addressed the issue of having to run the service on a nonadmin logon so I assume that my running it on an admin account is not the issue.

Any other ideas or suggestions gratefully accepted.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I installed HM this weekend and imported my Stars hands without incident or errors. Some really interesting features and I look forward to the final release.

But, after reboot, I can not connect to the database. The first error stats that HM cannot read data from the transport connection. Then the test connection dialog comes up and when I test the connection, it says that the connection was forcibly closed. I have the standardized logon and password.

I'm running XP, I've tried this without firewall and AV turned on to no avail. I added a service exception for postgres in the windows firewall just incase that was a problem but I played with the program for about 4 hours before turning it off last night so I doubt that was an issue.

So, I uninstalled HM and postgres, deleted the postgres directory after the uninstall so the existing database would be wiped (yes, I tried an install without wiping the directory first but that did not help.) I did a fresh install, reimported my meager amount of hands again and all worked well. When I rebooted I could not connect to the database again.

In the pg_hba.conf file I tried setting the method on local connections to trust from md5 but no joy there either.

The postgres site says that version 8.2 has addressed the issue of having to run the service on a nonadmin logon so I assume that my running it on an admin account is not the issue.

Any other ideas or suggestions gratefully accepted.

[/ QUOTE ]

After rebooting can you try loading pgadmin and seeing if you can connect to the DB from that? I have a feeling that the service isn't restarting properly.

If it is not running then go into Control Panel - Administrative - Services and set Postgres to Start.

rvg
Old 10-15-2007, 01:27 PM

Thanks. Ok, I'll try the pgadmin a bit later and report in but in a couple tournies right now. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

But, Postgres is set to start automaticaly and started; 4 postgres.exe processes running.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:41 PM

Super Roy!

pgadmin says the service is running but when I try to connect it creates an error that closes the connection unexpectedly.

I stop the service from pgadmin and restart it and all works just fine. The solution works for me for now. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

ty ty ty
Old 10-16-2007, 01:14 PM

I just downloaded HM , and i absolutely love the program, however a lot of importing went wrong. I have all the HH stored in one map so i imported them all at once and HM did just that, however these are my importing stats:
Hands imported= 170616
Duplicate hands= 278483
Import errors= 36236

(i play on FT) So somehow, a LOT of hands are missing and a lot of data is incorrect (I have 78k hands on myself in ptrack at +17k, but somehow HM shows only 63+ hands en +5k) also a lot of stats i have about other players are incorrect. The problem might be that i play a lot of Cap NL. If you could help me out somehow rvg that would be nice
Old 10-16-2007, 02:47 PM

whens the release of .50b? thanks
Old 10-16-2007, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
whens the release of .50b? thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been saying "in a couple of days" for a while - unfortunately I'll be saying the same thing now... I need to make sure I get this right.

[ QUOTE ]
(i play on FT) So somehow, a LOT of hands are missing and a lot of data is incorrect (I have 78k hands on myself in ptrack at +17k, but somehow HM shows only 63+ hands en +5k) also a lot of stats i have about other players are incorrect. The problem might be that i play a lot of Cap NL. If you could help me out somehow rvg that would be nice

[/ QUOTE ]

If you could zip up and send me your hands that you imported I will make sure every single one imports correctly. There are a few known Full Tilt import issues and I've already fixed a few of them in the new build. Tourneymgr@gmail.com is where you can send them. Alternatively, you can zip up the files in your holdem manager/logs folder - that contains all of the error hands.

[ QUOTE ]
Is there a tab with "fold flop donkbet to raise" stat?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you can get this in reports and you can also get this stat for all players through the players tab in the new build (along with a TON of other situational stats)

[ QUOTE ]
Will there be a Stud Manager and Omaha Manager?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes - no ETA at this point but I do plan on adding additional games as plugins.

[ QUOTE ]
eta until ub is supported?

i have 400k hands of limit and nl i would happily provide.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a lot of UB hands but once I'm done mayeb you could send me your hands and I'll run them through to make sure I got everything or I can send you a preview version and you can send me your error hands. UB is next but realistically 2 to 3 weeks or more away.

rvg