View Poll Results: Would You Participate in a weekly Prison Break discussion
Yes 21 77.78%
No, I watch the show but wouldnt participate 4 14.81%
No, Don't care! 2 7.41%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-28-2006, 11:06 PM

Default Re: Stars VIP Wild speculation

[ QUOTE ]
I made a suggestion awhile ago that they should do the SuperNova qualification based on a rolling 12 month calendar. Scotty seemed receptive to the idea at the time, and said they hoped to have something "fair for everyone in December".
I think going to a rolling calendar would help a lot of us that started playing Stars hardcore in October and are ending up a little short in hitting the 100K VPP's, and I don't see it would be unfair to anyone... comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

there was a huge ~150 post thread on this a few weeks ago. General concensus is that its just not gonna happen.
Old 12-29-2006, 05:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously though just how close to midnight on the 31st are they planning on leaving it. I'm guessing they didn't want overlap with the 5th anniversary promo but it's getting silly......

[/ QUOTE ]

Donīt bet on them announcing the news before 2007 or even on Jan 1st.

Mail from Scotty from Sept. 26th:

[ QUOTE ]
We have an exciting promotion coming up in October for Supernovas. One of the problems with our current VIP program is we do not reward our largest Supernovas enough. We expect to have well over 1000 Supernovas [...]. We will be announcing reward levels for the larger Supernovas in the near future.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then this fu***** new bill passed. Therefore it was to be expected and understandable that they didnīt change the program at that time. Mail from Scotty from Oct. 4th:

[ QUOTE ]
The Supernova news and promotion have been cancelled for October. At this time we are not sure if they will be launched in November.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mail from Scott (not Scotty), recieved yesterday:

[ QUOTE ]
Details are still being worked out. Hopefully by January 1, but if we're not ready, it won't be too long after that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now I can understand that Stars donīt want to mix things up with the 5k promotion. What Iīm not sure about is how itīs possible for them not to have all things done right at this moment. They told me more than 3 months ago that the program will be changed within one month. If they seriously considered doing it within the timeframe mentioned of them, how come they still arenīt done with work now? It was absolutely understandable that they didnīt want to change it after the bill passed, but not being ready to start it on Jan 1st would be sad.

On he other side, that might be good news for us, too: Maybe they changed it for good in the last couple of days. Maybe they recieved lots of inputs/wishes from players, and they want to make short-term changes and still have to calculate.

Letīs all hope itīs the second possibility. Anyway, Iīm pretty much excited what the news will bring for us.

Best regards

Martin Aigner
Old 12-29-2006, 06:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Donīt bet on them announcing the news before 2007 or even on Jan 1st.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that would actually annoy me, I really hate the idea of earning points towards a large total without even knowing what I get should I reach that total, Stars need to decide on what they are doing and release the news before the new program starts.

The details actually make a real difference to my plans just after New Year, I have some time off, and if I feel it's worth it I will be playing substantially more poker in that period than I would otherwise, however I would have to know specifically what benefits I would get (above and beyond win rate) from doing so.
Old 12-29-2006, 07:59 AM

I agree.

My winrate sucks, but if the incentive is good enough, I'll dedicate 2007 to your site, and get the big prize [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Working towards a goal I don't know what is sucks, and might lead me into temptation to exchange some of those 12 tables with other sites...
Old 12-29-2006, 01:29 PM

This is not just a reason why they should announce it was asap in 2007.
It's also a reason why they should have announced it several weeks ago (although it appears now that they simply don't have it read yto go).

I earned all the points to make it to SN.
Now I have no idea if I'm going to be happy I put forth that effort. I'm just kind of waiting to see what Stars does offers for the SN.

It's too similar to the Party VIP system where you never knew what value you got until the last minute.

Previously, I stated that one of the great things about the Stars VIP program is that it was spelled out very specifically and you knew exactly what you were getting.
But now that isn't the case.
I'm SN and am still waiting for them to tell me what incentives I will get for 2007.

No huge deal. Just a bit of an annoyance.
If they don't announce changes by Jan 1 then more of my play might be at another site while I wait out the Stars announcement.
Old 12-29-2006, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is not just a reason why they should announce it was asap in 2007.
It's also a reason why they should have announced it several weeks ago (although it appears now that they simply don't have it read yto go).

Now I have no idea if I'm going to be happy I put forth that effort. I'm just kind of waiting to see what Stars does offers for the SN.

It's too similar to the Party VIP system where you never knew what value you got until the last minute.

Previously, I stated that one of the great things about the Stars VIP program is that it was spelled out very specifically and you knew exactly what you were getting.
But now that isn't the case.
I'm SN and am still waiting for them to tell me what incentives I will get for 2007.

No huge deal. Just a bit of an annoyance.
If they don't announce changes by Jan 1 then more of my play might be at another site while I wait out the Stars announcement.

[/ QUOTE ]

your guys opinions, not just yers bobs change faster then (for lack of another anaology) the days on the calandar. Has PS ever done us wrong with promos or CS... Give it some time.. Even if you dont know what your playing for untill Jan 3rd, are you really going to migrate to UB or somewhere else... maybe 3 days of FT but thats only cause were psychologically weak. (speaking about players whole play mostly on ps anyhow).

heck even if they said were not announcing the new incentives untill Jan 30th. Id still probably play there as much as i do.
Old 12-29-2006, 03:17 PM

don't take this as an attack or me getting defensive. Just wanted to clarify.

Like you, I'm also willing to bet that Stars takes care of 'us' fine-and-dandy and I've said so before.
I agree their track-record is good (unlike Party where they really screwed some players in some of their promos I believe).

But I don't like how they are withholding the information and this position has been constant on my part. Not a huge deal. Just a strategy of theirs that I don't think I agree with. but I can definitely see the logic of why they are doing it this way.

My bit about not playing as much on Stars isn't meant as a 'threat'. It's just a fact.
since I made Supernova last week I already haven't been playing on there as much.
Don't know what it's going to get me beyond 3.5x FPP's so I'm just mostly waiting.

I said back in Sept/Oct that I thought it was in their best interest to release details on the changes as soon as possible.

Mostly because I didn't think it was right for a lot of people to be working towards SN status without knowing what it would get them.
Also, I thought that announcing the improvements could serve as incentive for some of those 'on the fence' players to go for it.

first, I had to wait for their announcement that they were staying in the U.S.
No point getting to SN if they were just going to pull-out.

Then I said that I was going to go for SN anyway because I think Stars will come up with something I end up liking. Good chance of it anyway.

I've said before, and I'll reiterate again, I really really HEART Stars.
Really looking forward to the announcement at which point I expect I'll be playing there a TON.
Old 12-29-2006, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand the frustration, I want to know now too. Hard to compare this situation with party though. At the very least you know you'll earn 100,000 more fpps in 07 for making it to SN this year. Everyone that made the last minute push is +$1500 and counting.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:22 PM

Agreed that announcing the new system past Jan 1st would be really dumb on stars' part. I'm anxious to see what's up.
Old 12-29-2006, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mostly because I didn't think it was right for a lot of people to be working towards SN status without knowing what it would get them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how the announcement is related to this. People working to get their nova status before Dec 31 do this because of the current system which I assume won't change, meaning they can get 3.5x FPPs until end of June with medium volume of play.

If you look at http://www.pokerstars.com/vip/supernova/ it says:

PokerStars plans to release extra benefits for Supernova players who reach the 200,000, 300,000, 400,000, 500,000 and 750,000 VPP milestones. Please look for these added benefits to be available in 2007.

I read it as applicable to the players who who can get beyond 100K VPP in 2007, not the ones who got to 100K VPP in 2006 who will have to start from zero in 2007.