Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2007, 12:08 AM

Default 25nl A4s 200ish-bb deep

No history with opponent. About 30 hands. Seems on tight scale if I had to guess.

Standard shove or do I want to be cautious here?

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $29.40
BB: $15.30
UTG: $25.25
MP: $107.00
CO: $27.05
Hero (BTN): $46.05

Preflop: Hero is dealt 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, MP calls $0.25, CO folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, 2 folds, MP calls $1.00

Flop: ($2.85) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">MP bets $1.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.00</font>, MP calls $2.00

Turn: ($8.85) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
MP checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $6.00</font>, <font color="red">MP raises to $18.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $41.80</font>
Old 09-13-2007, 12:24 AM

Default Re: 25nl A4s 200ish-bb deep

Really need some reads to make a good decision here, I let it go against an unknown especially this deep. Assuming he doesn't limp hands like AK, AQ pf, there isn't really much you beat except A2 and you say he seems tight which would make that unlikely. This smells strongly like 22.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:26 AM

if he's tight but open limps, its usually an indication of him having a pocket pair, so i think i fold to his reraise as it looks like he hit his set.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:47 AM

i'd make it like 3.75 on the flop, and bet/fold turn. it's harder to fold this in the moment, but it looks like a fold here.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:50 AM

also, he played his hand really weird. i wouldn't take his line w/ a set, and would prob. have c/c the turn or got it in on the flop with any big combo draw. 22 seems really likely, but it sucks to attempt to narrow a villain's range that much.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:06 AM

if you think villian is probably on the tight side id b/f the turn. I hate to check behind here and let him hit his draws. AK should 3bet pf, TPGK hands probably arent playin like this and thats the only thing we beat that MIGHT (maybe a combo draw too?). I just cant see villian callin w/ anything we beat if we push the turn. Soo id fold to the turn raise. Also given the drawyness of the flop id raise more.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
also, he played his hand really weird. i wouldn't take his line w/ a set, and would prob. have c/c the turn or got it in on the flop with any big combo draw.

[/ QUOTE ]My thoughts during hand exactly. I thought a flush draw was some amount of his range on turn and poorly played AJ+ type hand. Set was in mind as well but given the flush draw it seems like he would 3-bet the flop for value since a diamond is either killing action or giving me best hand. However, the Ace of diamonds rules out a lot of flush draws that I may have and at the moment he would only know that I am tight. Won big pot with QQ and not much else. Looks like I have a big Ace IMO. Probably not two pair. The question becomes how much stronger is two pair over AK here on my side given how it played out so far?

In white:
<font color="white">You got it, he had 22. I spiked Ace to win pot.</font>