Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8

Old 11-16-2007, 12:42 PM

Default [LO8] Unsure about flop, turn and river decision :/

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Omaha/8 (10 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, l\lailbanger checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">l\lailbanger bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, Button calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">l\lailbanger bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button folds, l\lailbanger calls, MP2 calls.

River: (13 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">l\lailbanger bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB

no specific reads on the villians.

no idea why i didnt raise the flop. looking at the hand now this seems like a must raise.

on the turn i have the nuts both ways but a flushdraw out there is very likely. question is to call or 3bet as i did. the argument for calling would be the hope of keeping the button in and maybe a 3bet from the BB. a 3bet just makes the pot bigger, the only hand those villians might fold are babyflushdraws.

the river card kinda sucks. does anyone raise the river?
Old 11-16-2007, 12:58 PM

Default Re: [LO8] Unsure about flop, turn and river decision :/

I'm always raising this river

disclaimer : i suck at o8
Old 11-16-2007, 03:39 PM

yeah, raise and cap the flop

river could go either way and a raise is marginal. your 6-high str8 has a decent chance of being best but Nailbanger may have filled up (the way he played it looks like two wheel cards + set like A344 etc; MP likely has A3 so a low chop is probably happening; with no read i probably call.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:17 PM

def raise flop. I play turn as played, a cap basically screams that you have A3, and I don' feel a worse low calls here.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:04 PM

I would raise/cap it on the flop.

Definitely re-raise the turn. The fact that no-one else capped makes it less likely someone else has a wheel. Most low-limit players can't lay off the raise button when they have a wheel.

I would also raise/cap the river. Based on the non-cap of the turn, I think you will get 1/2, 3/4, or scoop more often than you will get 1/4. And you don't lose that much when you are 1/4ed compared to what you win when you get 3/4 or scoop.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no idea why i didnt raise the flop. looking at the hand now this seems like a must raise.

[/ QUOTE ]Hi Olrik - A raise would have been O.K. No raise seems O.K. to me too.

[ QUOTE ]
on the turn i have the nuts both ways but a flushdraw out there is very likely. question is to call or 3bet as i did. the argument for calling would be the hope of keeping the button in and maybe a 3bet from the BB. a 3bet just makes the pot bigger, the only hand those villians might fold are babyflushdraws.

[/ QUOTE ]I like the three bet - and it's not close.

[ QUOTE ]
the river card kinda sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]The river is a horrid card for you, reducing the probability of you scooping!

[ QUOTE ]
does anyone raise the river?

[/ QUOTE ]I'd probably raise. Assuming your opponents know what they're doing, you probably won't get the whole pot, but I think you'll get more than a third more often than you get less than a third.

Buzz
Old 11-16-2007, 08:06 PM

why is no one mentioning that he didnt raise preflop?
Old 11-16-2007, 08:30 PM

Hi uminchu - I did. [ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Olrik - A raise would have been O.K. No raise seems O.K. to me too.

[/ QUOTE ]Buzz