Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance

View Poll Results: QB
Palmer vs Bal 6 20.69%
Romo vs NYG 23 79.31%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-26-2007, 08:45 PM

Default Re: My Battle with mu_empire

spam
Old 11-26-2007, 08:48 PM

i watched a good deal of this match once it got to 10/20, good fun.

do you normally play a 36/24 game? i've been thinking about how to play optimally vs. a 30/29 hyper aggressive player like mu_empire, and it seems to me that the way to go is to either tighten up like you did or gamble with him. the problem with the tight approach is that he might quit you (as I sadly discovered) and that he seems to spew much less. i watched him play 5/10 a few days ago and he absolutely donated to a guy playing like a 50/40 game.

i also noticed you seemed to be saving a lot of bets for the river. your river aggression frequency is huge over the 3k hands i have, just wondering if that's a sample size issue or a conscious adjustment.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wow dude why did you fold hand 3

[/ QUOTE ]

i saw hand #3 go down and i think it was an easy fold. aejones tanked but i don't think he was ever strongly considering a call.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:57 PM

hand 3 for who cares:

------------------
HAND #3
------------------

Full Tilt Poker, $10/$20 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 2 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

SB: $4,739.50
Hero (BB): $7,926.50

Pre-Flop: 2 2 dealt to Hero (BB)
SB raises to $60, Hero calls $40

Flop: ($120) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, SB checks

Turn: ($120) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero bets $100, SB calls $100

River: ($320) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero bets $311, SB raises to $4,579.50 and is All-In, Hero folds

Results: $942 Pot ($0.50 Rake)
SB mucked and WON $941.50 (+$470.50 NET)
Old 11-26-2007, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can you talk about Laydown #3 plz? Wow. Does he only shove the nuts or something (I noticed he did the same in hand #1)? Or does he balance that move and you were just convinced he had it?

[/ QUOTE ]

quoted for being ignored [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-26-2007, 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can you talk about Laydown #3 plz? Wow. Does he only shove the nuts or something (I noticed he did the same in hand #1)? Or does he balance that move and you were just convinced he had it?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"i folded the worst possible full house for like 7 times the size of the pot on the river, in a spot where he almost never gets tehre with a flush, almost never bluffs, and can feasibly have 44 or 94 (if he opens it on the button) or even T9 because he is weird enough to check it behind on the flop and flat the turn."
Old 11-26-2007, 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well i can give you my opinion from watching the watch to hopefully tide you over until ae can answer.

what kind of bluff/v-shoving worse are you expecting him to show up with? i don't think he'd shove a flush, not to mention he'd almost assuredly c-bet the flop with one. i feel the same for high diamonds (Adx, Kdx) in that mu_empire will bet the flop almost every time because he likes 3-betting a c/r (he's spewy in that way). the only hand i can maybe see is Ad9x or something like that, but again i don't think he's checking the flop, and even if he did i can't see him flatting the turn. from the flow of the match i don't see him shoving air here either, as he didn't seem to be tilting at all at this point.

44 makes SOOOO much sense to me, and i think he has it at least 75% of the time.

edit: fwiw i think ae is wrong in that mu_empire could get to the river like that with 109 any reasonable % of the time, though his opinion is obviously more qualified than mine.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:15 PM

ty I read good
Old 11-27-2007, 04:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well i can give you my opinion from watching the watch to hopefully tide you over until ae can answer.

what kind of bluff/v-shoving worse are you expecting him to show up with? i don't think he'd shove a flush, not to mention he'd almost assuredly c-bet the flop with one. i feel the same for high diamonds (Adx, Kdx) in that mu_empire will bet the flop almost every time because he likes 3-betting a c/r (he's spewy in that way). the only hand i can maybe see is Ad9x or something like that, but again i don't think he's checking the flop, and even if he did i can't see him flatting the turn. from the flow of the match i don't see him shoving air here either, as he didn't seem to be tilting at all at this point.

44 makes SOOOO much sense to me, and i think he has it at least 75% of the time.

edit: fwiw i think ae is wrong in that mu_empire could get to the river like that with 109 any reasonable % of the time, though his opinion is obviously more qualified than mine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this is a good analysis and I feel the same, but later on you see the guy making ridiculous spewtastic moves meaning rational analysis goes way down and absolute hand value goes up. But yeah, gameflow has to do with it as well. People change their play when it gets swongy.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:46 AM