Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2007, 10:48 PM

Default Re: Rageotones takes Vegas by storm...(1/4-1/7 TR)

Great report....can't wait to hear more.
Old 01-10-2007, 11:29 PM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?

This is a very good read.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:01 AM

part 7

i make it up to my room and still haven't heard from my buddy. i decide to lay down for a little bit to maybe grab a couple of zzz's before i go out that night. i turn on the tube and 1 vs 100 is on. i've never seen this before, and i can't help but watch for a minute. this chick is the 1 person against the mob and yadda yadda. it's slightly more entertaining b/c bob saggat is the host, and i can't help but think of him boning hookers in entourage. anyway, it's a few questions in when it happens.

"in the popular song 99 bottles of beer on the wall, how many 6-packs would you have to drink to get to 99 bottles."

a. less than 15
b. exactly 15
c. more than 15

hmmm... that's a tough one.

so, she starts talking herself through the problem....
"well, 10 6-packs is 60, and 20 6-packs is 120, so...
you know, i might need some help here b/c i'm not really a beer drinker."

holy [censored] nuggets! are you serious? and everyone is just going with it like this is sound logic for the problem.

anyway, they go through and she ends up getting it right b/c a guy tells her the answer, and bob decides he wants to ask the maxim model who got it wrong what the problem was.

"well, i'm a red wine drinker. i don't drink beer b/c it makes you bloated...(trails off)"

wow

so right before i fall asleep, the phone rings, and my buddy is ready to go drinking. i just wear a t-shirt, jeans, and a hat b/c i don't think we'll be doing anything too exciting, and i head off to his hotel.

it's not really a bad walk at all, but the wind is blowing pretty hard core, so it's pretty cold. anyway, i get there and meet up with him, and a lot of his coworkers. we all decide to get a drink at the bar, and my buddy buys the first round. this is my first drink of the day, and i'm still kind of tired, so i go with the redbull and vodka to get a little pick-me-up.

we finish the round, and i buy a couple more drinks for my buddy and i, and it's like $17 at the bar in the hotel. damnit, this sucks. the bj tables are right there where i could be losing money and drinking for free. why am i standing here paying like $8 a drink? well, i learned my lesson with that one.

so everyone is standing around debating on what to do, and i kind of sneak out of the group over to the bj table. my friend comes along, and we decide to skip dinner and just play and drink.

we both pull out hundos, and start to play whilst drinking excessively for...yeah that's right...$1 a drink. take that crappy bar!

everything is going alright for me, while my friend starts twirling down the spiral of doom. it may have all begun when he splits Ts against a dealer 7 or something. it all happened so fast. i just see him put another green chip out there, and while i'm wondering what's going on, the dealer starts dealing the cards. NOOOOOOOO!

he loses both bets of course, and hundos continue to come out of the pocket. at one point, he's down to his last 50, and gets an 11. i double for him, and he gets the 10. somehow or another, he gets hot, and comes back from down about 350 to only down 50. moral victory.

i end up about one-fitty or so, and am somewhat sauced up at this point. my buddy makes a few calls, and it turns out that he has a few friends out at coyote ugly. now, i want to go to coyote ugly about as bad as i want a swift kick in the nuts, but i'm a team player, so we head over to NYNY.

we get to coyote ugly, and there's a long line. i immediately start bitching about it, to make it known that i'm against this idea, and wait there anyway. i mean, it's like waiting in line to get into hell, or to get an std. i don't even want to be here. he offers to pay my cover, but it's no big deal, so we both pay and go in. once we get into the factory o' sausage, i start to drink more, and everything ends up going ok.

two of his guy buddies, and two girls are there. the girls are a 66 and 77, but like a fine wine, they both get better with beer. i think that's how the saying goes.

there are girls that work up on stage that are dirty, slutty, and hot (their hotness and dirtiness are inversely proportional). so they make it entertaining. they are offset by the female patrons that are dancing up on stage with them.

oh yeah, the first thing we see when we walk in is this 43 dancing up on stage....something no man, or woman for that matter, should ever see.

anyway, we drink a lot, and i end up buying jello shots for everyone. i'm pretty sure they were just jello though. i was kind of suspicious when they were so cheap. we finally decide to get out of there, and head over to mgm grand for the horses.

-note- the 77 is starting to look more like an 88 at this point, and she's being flirty as hell. like the first thing she does when we're introduced is give me a hug where like are faces touch. anyway, i guess she likes the attention. i'm pretty sure that all of us guys are thinking that we can probably score with her at this point if we try.

so, we don't go to play the real horses, but this mechanical horse game where you put quarters in (yes, it only takes quarters, and gives you quarters if you win b/c it's so old), and you have to pick the first 2 finishers in order out of the 5 horses. each run around the track, it gives you different odds for the different combos.

well, this ends up being bust b/c it's really crowded, and we can only get like one spot.

the 66 is sitting there wasted at this poing, and my buddy is talking about going somewhere else. so we sit there doing what people our age do for about 10 minutes which is talk about what to do without actually doing anything. someone suggests karaoke, which i think sounds awesome...i may have been the one who suggested it...i'm drunk at this point, but the 77 says she's not interested.

"what about gambling," seza me
"i don't really gamble," she says

"how the hell do you call yourself an asian?!?! you don't gamble or karake?!?"

everyone gets a laugh and then it happens. she drops the B-bomb on everyone. apparently she has a boyfriend.

welp, my decision is made. i'm bored anyway, so i take off towards the monorail after saying bye, b/c this seems like a better idea than walking at this point.

TERRIBLE IDEA!

i swear, you have to walk like a whole mile to get to the monorail within MGM. luckily, nathan's is on the way, and i get a philly cheesesteak to tide me over. i'm kind of weary of the $8 price on the samich, but what the hell.

it ends up being totally huge and badass. i highly suggest it sometime for some drunken late night food. i couldn't even eat the whole thing.

anyway, i finish the marathon and end up at the monorail stop and spend the $5 for a ticket even though i'm only going one stop. i'm about to go through the little booth before i start arguing with the lady at the gate.

"how late does this run?"
"it's open til 2," in broken english
"no, it says it's open until 3 on friday."
"no, no, until 2 is ok."
"WTF, i just bought this ticket? can i get my money back."
"go ahead and go."

awesome, she's going to let me go anyway.

so i get through the gate and start walking towards the stop when i look at my watch and notice it's only 1:40 a.m. my negotiating skillz pwn.

so this effing sucks. you have to wait outside where it's freaking freezing, which is why i didn't want to walk in the first place, and it takes at least 5 minutes for the train to come.

it finally comes to take me the 30 seconds to bally's, and i'm ready for some drunken poker...
Old 01-11-2007, 12:06 AM

Great read! I'm leaving for LV a week from today, and this is just getting me more psyched to fish in the pond that is 1/2NL and low-buy tourneys.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:28 AM

part 8
some drunken late night bally's poker

so after leaving the hotel with about 300, i'm down to a little over 220 at this point (after the bj winnings which i blew at the bar plus some...i think...the math is fuzzy at this point).

i sit in a 1/2 game in the 9 or 8 seat. the second last to the dealer...can't remember if they played 9 or 10 at bally's. i buy in for 160 i think, and start to play.

i immediately donk off a some chips and get down to 130-140 before the first notable hand happens.

this guy bumps it to 20 UTG, and i call w/44 b/c i'm drunk.

flop comes K46 all hearts, and it checks around...again, b/c i'm drunk and have no fear.

the turn brings the 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], and UTG bets out 30. i go all-in for about 120 total, and it folds back to him. he INSTAcalls, and i'm like, oh [censored]. i guess he flopped the nuts or something.....nope

he turns over AK no heart and is drawing dead. thanks bud.

he starts talking to his buddy who is railing him, but not really railing and actually sitting in a chair fairly close, and the guy sitting out is like, "easy fold man," yadda yadda.

they start talking and i hear him continue, "i mean, in the right game, that's an ok call, but not hear."

so i chime in..."what game do you normally play?"
to which the guy responds, "2/4 limit." to which his buddy kind of chuckles. then i finally realize that apparently he usually plays higher, and is all but insulted at the joke of a 1/2 nl table.

lollasauras rex! wow, you just donked off your chips and you're too good for this game?

he ends up busting less than an orbit later when he open pushes with AJo for like 70 and gets called in 2 spots.

now, the last seat has opened, so i'm the last before the dealer, and there is this guy in the 1 seat with close to 3 million in chips or so (maybe 800-1000). i'd think he was good, but then something happened that i've never seen before even though i've played quite a bit of live poker.

big stack is in the BB, 5 seat open limps, it folds to BB who mucks, and 5 seat takes it down uncontested pre-flop with the power-limp. wow.

the next big hand comes when i limp 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in MP

flop comes the beautiful 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

it checks to the button who bets 10, SB c/raises to 30, and i make it 100 to go. button folds, and the SB calls leaving about 65-70 behind.

the turn is the 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and somehow, the money drunkenly gets all-in however it happened.

he shows 67 for two pair, and the river is an offsuit 9 keeping my straight in tact.

lucky me, the button says he folded TT.

sometime later, i limp 56o in mp, and something like 378 w/two spades. i bet out 6, big stack raises to 15, there's one cold call, and i call.

the turn is a 9 giving 2 clubs 2 spades, and i check to the bettor, who bets 25. coldcaller folds, and i raise to 200. he folds.

i was really hoping that would be a big hand b/c he had my covered, and i'm at about 550 after this hand is over.

the last hand i play, i open to 8 with AJo, and the flop comes J86 two spades after 2 callers.

i bet out 16, and both guys call.

the turn is a blank, and i bet out 40, and again they both call.

the river is some meaningless spade, and the first 2 of us check, where the last guy bets 50. i'm a station, so i call, and the big stack folds.

guy turns over 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] for the nizzuts.

i steam a little, and tell myself that i'm going to play until i stack the guy, but then think better of it and leave after 2 or 3 more hands. i leave with a little over 400, and i'm ok with that. no need to lose any more doing something tilty and stupid.

i make it up to my room at about 6 or so, and crash out b/c i have to play day 2 of the tourney, and am supposed to be there by 10:45. total beat.

i pass out almost instantaneously....

day 2 +200 (+400 for trip so far)

fyi the #'s are total $$$ in pocket and not a record of how much i made at poker or gambling, but net gains for the trip.

day 3 to come tomorrow...stay tuned
Old 01-11-2007, 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
we finish the round, and i buy a couple more drinks for my buddy and i, and it's like $17 at the bar in the hotel. damnit, this sucks. the bj tables are right there where i could be losing money and drinking for free. why am i standing here paying like $8 a drink? well, i learned my lesson with that one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear ya. I was there with a bunch of my buddy's friends, sitting in a bar, shooting the breeze, and coughing up like $70 a round. I kept telling them we should just get a 2/4 table and do the same thing and get free drinks. They wouldn't listen.

[ QUOTE ]
oh yeah, the first thing we see when we walk in is this 43 dancing up on stage....something no man, or woman for that matter, should ever see.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is up with that stuff anyway? I was at a strip club and there was a group of about 6 people that were collectively about 43, but the ugliest and fattest one was dancing to the strip music. Ugh. The club should put a stop to that crap immediately, because it removes any inclination to want to look at a female, much less cough up 20 bucks to grope one.

[ QUOTE ]
so, we don't go to play the real horses, but this mechanical horse game where you put quarters in (yes, it only takes quarters, and gives you quarters if you win b/c it's so old), and you have to pick the first 2 finishers in order out of the 5 horses. each run around the track, it gives you different odds for the different combos.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, Stardust used to have one of those things. MGM might have bought it in the auction.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i steam a little, and tell myself that i'm going to play until i stack the guy, but then think better of it and leave after 2 or 3 more hands. i leave with a little over 400, and i'm ok with that. no need to lose any more doing something tilty and stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bow in your direction. This is something I need to learn to do. I have trouble with it even when sober.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:31 AM

LOL loving your post, especially [ QUOTE ]
there are girls that work up on stage that are dirty, slutty, and hot (their hotness and dirtiness are inversely proportional). so they make it entertaining. they are offset by the female patrons that are dancing up on stage with them.

[/ QUOTE ] --Only an engineer/mathematician could use such prose to describe some beat women.

FYI the Barbary Coast serves breakfast 24/7. I'm shocked and awed you aren't aware of this goldmine of grease.

I'm with you on the drink prices in Vegas. I went 2x in the past month and one was with my non-gambling friends and one time by myself. I had so much more fun just playing poker because you can get drunk (and play butter poker) while getting your $8 drinks comped. We went to Scores and I dropped $200 basically to get my leg felt up and have 4 drinks that ended up making me sick the next day anyway.

FYI the tables were a little soft this past weekend due to the CES people. It was a glorious thing.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
part 4

flock like the salmon of capistrano.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be the Swallows (a bird) to Capistrano :-)
Old 01-11-2007, 04:03 AM

reading these posts by rage highlight my day.. keep the reports coming... its the equalivalent of reading a good book...