Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 09:51 PM

Default Re: Appetizers that don\'t show up before your food

I can eat a salad before, during or after the main course. Actually, I usually prefer after, even though I never order it in that order in a restaurant. So none of these would bother me the slightest bit.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
With a date, you never raise a stink about trite [censored] like this. With a friend, you say "I don't want the salad anymore - it's an appetizer for a reason."

[/ QUOTE ]

You suck.

[/ QUOTE ]
Obv make a stink if you are on a date you need to become AMOG this is day 1 PUA stuff.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just eat, dude. Not even #1 would bother me; I've never had a situation where I've had issues with finishing a steak before it got cold; I don't expect a mere salad to change that. I'd just eat the two of them simultaneously.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-10-2007, 12:11 AM

I can't believe people saying "just eat your food"

[censored] that. what if they bring out a sundae and then a steak and then salad? at what point are you idiots drawing the line?

this really pisses me off at places like chilis/fridays/etc. and is the main reason i don't go there any more. when people order those greasy combo platters of buffalo nuggets and mozz. sticks, they want that [censored] pronto, not at the same time as their meal.

for me though, unless the meal comes out shockingly fast, i've already complained about the lack of apps. by the time it comes to this.
Old 11-10-2007, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1. Stop being a nit.

2. Stop being a nit.

3. Stop being a nit.

Eat your damn food.

[/ QUOTE ]

I share your sentiments sir
Old 11-10-2007, 01:00 AM

I wouldn't be at a steakhouse that would make this kind of mistake, cause it's pretty damn easy to get it right. It sets a precedent for how bad the steakhouse must be and how awful the steak is probably prepared...

If it was a steakhouse renowned for it's awful service but great food, who the hell cares?

the other two I'd eat the food
Old 11-10-2007, 01:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1. is not nitty.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it is. Lots of people would be thrilled to get to eat steak and salad and wouldn't give a [censored] in what order they "had" to eat them. Get some perspective.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a silly argument. Lots of people woudl be thrilled to eat a medium-well steak, so who cares if it's overcooked? Lots of people subsist on a few bowls of rice a day, so who cares if they give you some rice instead of the steak you're paying $30 for? If you're paying for something and they don't give it to you, you shouldn't pay for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're paying for a steak and a salad and you are getting a steak and a salad. What am I missing here?
Old 11-10-2007, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1. is not nitty.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it is. Lots of people would be thrilled to get to eat steak and salad and wouldn't give a [censored] in what order they "had" to eat them. Get some perspective.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a silly argument. Lots of people woudl be thrilled to eat a medium-well steak, so who cares if it's overcooked? Lots of people subsist on a few bowls of rice a day, so who cares if they give you some rice instead of the steak you're paying $30 for? If you're paying for something and they don't give it to you, you shouldn't pay for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're paying for a steak and a salad and you are getting a steak and a salad. What am I missing here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sigh. Please troll somewhere else.
Old 11-10-2007, 03:11 AM

This exact situation happened to me recently at the new Council Oak Steakhouse in the Tampa Hard Rock. I sat by myself in the lounge as I could smoke there and the main room was full. So I ordered a french onion soup and a New York strip. I was starving and was wondering what was taking so long with the soup, when the waitress finally showed up with the soup and the steak. I was pretty shocked, but was too hungry to bitch about it. Had this happened while I was dining with other folks I probably would have said something, but due to my overwhelming hunger, I just sucked it up and ate both.
Old 11-10-2007, 03:18 AM

#2 is so standard, all rules go out the window at a Japanese joint. Accept it in any order they bring it.