Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2007, 06:50 PM

Default Re: NL50: Putting people on ranges when they call 3bet PF

Perhaps this is a better example of my confusion

Preflop: Hero in SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Button raises 4BB, Hero in SB raises to 14BB, Button calls

Flop: (28BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero bets 18BB, Button calls

How can I be ahead here after they call. They must have 99, JJ+ or AJ to call here. But often they don't. What is their range. Is it just 99+, AJ and 25% WTF?
Old 11-29-2007, 08:00 PM

I really hope this thread takes off. I'm strickly LHE player that is going to make the switch. Books tend to put things in tidy little boxes and then the reality of actual play makes for a lot of WTF moments.
One thing I did notice from some study of 3/6LHE, was that position was not being played well by any of us, (comparing stats from Stox's book). I suspect when I play a bit and get some some HH's, I'll find that a number of people justify doing stupid things because "I have the position" or they enter pots very light from early position because there was one fold in front of them, thus, it is an unraised pot.I will spend a bit of time reveiwing positional plays and ranges, and try to make some sence of it.
I am brand new to NL. My 17 BI's at .05/.10 will be avalible for play when I get home from playing 3/6 with very old people at the boat tomorrow.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:09 PM

Well can't speak for Pokerstars, but in the last couple weeks it seems like calling in post with small connectors(not even Suited C, but ATC that connect) has become the rage at FTP, from both fish and tagfish.[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Really you're probably best off with a standard tag of putting his range at JJ+ AQo+, and sometimes AJs/KQs, at NL50 cause most don't really 3bet light a ton. That being said, PAHUD is your best friend for making it easy to see mucked cards and getting information.

Def pay attention when not involved in the 3bet pot and try and get some notes on what peoples calling/3bet range is