Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2007, 01:31 PM

Default overpair+royal draw on turn

I
havent played with co much but he seems like atleast a decent player havent seen him do anythign crazy h is running at 30/13/.8

bb is a donk

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $42.00
BB: $27.95
Hero (UTG): $54.35
MP: $49.50
CO: $65.40
BTN: $53.75

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $2.00</font>, MP calls $2.00, CO calls $2.00, 2 folds, BB calls $1.50

Flop: ($8.25) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $1.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $7.50</font>, MP folds, CO calls $7.50, BB folds

Turn: ($24.75) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $8.50</font>, HERO!?#!@#$?@$?
Old 07-29-2007, 01:36 PM

Default Re: overpair+royal draw on turn

For the small of a bet here I call and see what the river brings. We do after all have an OESFD, and if we hit a kind we have the boat. We are almost certainly beat here though.
Old 07-29-2007, 01:38 PM

co just cold called on flop ;/
Old 07-29-2007, 01:38 PM

If he has a queen you're not getting very good odds but since more than 3:1 for you money I think you should call and bet a flush/straight/full house on the river and check fold anything else.*

*Advice from a sucky poker player.
Old 07-29-2007, 01:42 PM

See I don't know this is a very tricky spot, we have a ton of outs here to the nuts. I like calling and seeing what the river brings for that small of a turn bet.
Old 07-29-2007, 01:56 PM

i thought about it and mucked
I think I was getting about 4:1
problem is the villain showed a lot of strength on the flop with his call ): so if I improve on river i can still lose a lot of moneyz): and many of my outs on turn may not be good

Plus his small bet priced me in to draw to flush which was odd ;/
Old 07-29-2007, 02:05 PM

Maybe he made a flush on the turn? His strength preflop would suggest that its the nut flush, so if thats your read you should get out of there.*

*Adivce from a sucky player.
Old 07-29-2007, 02:17 PM

Hard to say how good/bad your draw is. I'm not very confident in the flush draw outs, except 9 &amp; A obv. If this is a made flush you have 7-9 outs or this could be a boat and you have 4 outs. AQ/KQ/Q9 you have 4 OR 11 outs. You could have the best hand against something like A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Somewhere between 8-27% equity if my math is right. Let's say 15%. You have ~$35 stack after the call on turn. I don't think you are getting paid off if he has a lower flush and club spikes... you can only shove two river clubs and the 9c is better than the Ac and he will prob check behind the rest but who knows. He's obv not folding a full house if you hit a 4 outter and shove. Maybe he spite calls with three queens? How often?

HEADASPLODE too much maths. I would just fold.
Old 07-29-2007, 04:01 PM

This hand seems pretty transparent to me.

CO flopped a FH; either JJ or QJ. He bet small on the turn because he wants to give you "odds" to call with a draw like the naked A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or raise his small bet while you are already behind. You have 4 outs to beat him, and you don't have the implied odds to call here, even if you stack him every time you hit one of your outs.

Good fold.