Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2007, 06:10 PM

Default Re: The TSA and a Dead White Lady

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The 19 hijackers didn't have to be let in on visas had our laws been different and less liberal. Instead of subjecting everyone to searches and mistreatment, if we simply didn't let in many people of questionable or suspicious background, we wouldn't have had that problem on 9/11, and average Americans today wouldn't be subjected to ridiculously time-consuming and irritating waits and procedures. But the liberal tenet of non-discrimination is so engrained in the American psyche, that the notion of profiled refusals for visas stands as so repugnant that it won't even be contemplated by those in positions of authority to make policy. Better everyone should suffer than risk violating the liberal mantra of absolute non-discrimination no matter what.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've flown 8 times since 9/11... I haven't found any of them to be time-consuming or irritating. SAC, LAX, Vegas, Tucson, and some small airports... all of them took less than 30 minutes. But yeah, every white man should bet allowed to show up 5 minutes late for a flight while everyone else is subjected to cavity searches.

[/ QUOTE ]

your sample size is too small.

anyways, the daily searches of old ladies, children, and those dreaded white guys you hate, do not do any good, and waste everyone's time. period.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've flown perhaps once a month since 9/11 (60 round trips?) and have not had any major problems. I have managed to bring liquids not in a seperate ziplock bag (by mistake) twice and not been stopped. I'm not too sure they do anything at all. The longest wait I can remember in that time might have been 20 minutes and most times I have waited <10 minutes. I do fly out of Austin (a pretty small airport), so that might be some of it.

Obvious targeting of people is foolish as they will just avoid the profiles and send someone else to do the work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Obviously.

Fly out of Atlanta a few times.

Maybe I am lumping my delays, poor service, overzealous customs and government folks into the same category of incompetence. I don't know, maybe.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The 19 hijackers didn't have to be let in on visas had our laws been different and less liberal. Instead of subjecting everyone to searches and mistreatment, if we simply didn't let in many people of questionable or suspicious background, we wouldn't have had that problem on 9/11, and average Americans today wouldn't be subjected to ridiculously time-consuming and irritating waits and procedures. But the liberal tenet of non-discrimination is so engrained in the American psyche, that the notion of profiled refusals for visas stands as so repugnant that it won't even be contemplated by those in positions of authority to make policy. Better everyone should suffer than risk violating the liberal mantra of absolute non-discrimination no matter what.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've flown 8 times since 9/11... I haven't found any of them to be time-consuming or irritating. SAC, LAX, Vegas, Tucson, and some small airports... all of them took less than 30 minutes. But yeah, every white man should bet allowed to show up 5 minutes late for a flight while everyone else is subjected to cavity searches.

[/ QUOTE ]

anyways, the daily searches of old ladies, children, and those dreaded white guys you hate, do not do any good, and waste everyone's time. period.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've flown perhaps once a month since 9/11 (60 round trips?) and have not had any major problems. I have managed to bring liquids not in a seperate ziplock bag (by mistake) twice and not been stopped. I'm not too sure they do anything at all. The longest wait I can remember in that time might have been 20 minutes and most times I have waited <10 minutes. I do fly out of Austin (a pretty small airport), so that might be some of it.

Obvious targeting of people is foolish as they will just avoid the profiles and send someone else to do the work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Obviously.

Fly out of Atlanta a few times.

Maybe I am lumping my delays, poor service, overzealous customs and government folks into the same category of incompetence. I don't know, maybe.

[/ QUOTE ]

I flew out of Atlanta once in this time (once in and out), and dozens of times through it (no security of coure).

I don't remember it taking more than 10 minutes as there was a huge row of x-ray machines. Some airports are clearly going to be worse than others, and perhaps your sample size is too small if you live in a city that has a screwy airport.

BTW- absolute best airport to fly out of for security was San Jose- print off ticket downstairs after getting dropped off at terminal, go upstairs, go to security line, 5 minutes.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have too many relatives to count and zero of 'em have horror stories. Not only that, but when they randomly pull out someone to search, it takes less than a minute and doesn't affect anyone else's waiting time. Sorry that you are an outlier. No idea why you are saying I hate white guys... maybe you failed to read the post I replied to.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the only thing that makes sense here is complaining about the arrest of someone who taped the incident on a cell phone. that is stupid obviously, and i'd like to hear what they charged him with.

[/ QUOTE ]

battery/assault/resisting arrest, the usual, and yes, they are made up charges. basically bad people who are police decide to assault you and then charge you with a crime to cover up their crime. It's not rocket science. also btw I would asssume school security guard is a punk on steroids, which tells you why a simple accident turned violent.

[/ QUOTE ]

so.. did you just ignore my question about how the mother allegedly assaulted the vice principal? was that a made up charge too?
Old 10-02-2007, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so.. did you just ignore my question about how the mother allegedly assaulted the vice principal? was that a made up charge too?

[/ QUOTE ]

according to her the vice principal gave her the run around for a half hour, then told her her daughter was "back there", when she went to go back he put arm up to stop her and she brushed past him.

after she called 911 and demanded the security guard be arrested, the police came and said that if she continued to demand the guard be arrested for assaulting her daughter, she would be arrested. she didn't back down so they arrested her and made up the charge.

why is this so hard to believe? I mean in 1950 the police beat up blacks who used the wrong drinking fountain.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:38 PM

you can download the alex jones show sun and yesterday he had the mother on.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you can download the alex jones show sun and yesterday he had the mother on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alex Jones- theres a reliable source. Maybe you should also investigate BatBoy. I saw it in the National Enquirer.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like the one where a school security guard in some LA high school broke a girls arm for dropping a piece of cake in the cafeteria. oh, and then had her and her mother arrested. and they arrested a student and his sister I think who taped the incident on his cellphone.

god bless amerika

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i'm sure this is exactly how it happened. a girl dropped a piece of cake, and the security guard was like WTF! I AM GONNA BREAK THAT CHICKS ARM! i'm sure that is exactly how it happened.

ugh i don't really know the rules in politics so i'll try not to be blatantly insulting, but i'm sure if she made a mess, and refused to clean it up somehow, maybe made a scene, and then when told to leave took a swing at the security guard and was then wrestled to the ground breaking her arm in the process.. you'd say he broke her arm for dropping a piece of cake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, he had to subdue her, and its not like he could just tase her, ya know?
Old 10-02-2007, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are on the right track, now just add in a few more groups.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Alex Jones- theres a reliable source. Maybe you should also investigate BatBoy. I saw it in the National Enquirer.

[/ QUOTE ]

why do you think a.j. is not a reliable source? every single fact I have checked has been true. as to his hyperbolic opinions, well, they were out there in 1999, but now that martial law is pretty much here (posse commitatus overturned by john warner defense bill), even his opinions seem to be pretty much validated.

I mean think about it, we know the abc nightly news and mainstream media stuff is basically just propaganda, yet you dismiss alex jones because he is not mainstream media? doublethink?