Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2007, 01:09 AM

Default Re: The TSA and a Dead White Lady

i don't doubt it really, and i have absolutely no knowledge of this particular case. all i'm saying is if it had gone down as i described, he would still be saying "he broke her arm for dropping a piece of cake"
Old 10-02-2007, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't doubt it really, and i have absolutely no knowledge of this particular case. all i'm saying is if it had gone down as i described, he would still be saying "he broke her arm for dropping a piece of cake"

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup...and actually it was her wrist, not her arm, and it was in the process of pushing her onto a table to control her. The video doesnt show how much of a fuss she was putting up before it started either, so there is likely to be more going on than has been reported so far.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

from the reports and witnesses she cleaned it up but was still attacked. the justification for attacking the student videoing it on his phone I don't know.

that's a good argument you've got there btw.
fyi, I think rodney king deserved some if not all of his beating, the ;police who beat him got screwed because they got tried twice for the same offense, and in the LA riots I agree with former ;police chief darryl gates I think was his name who said the ;police should have shot people at the start of it instead of retreating.

also I didn't have police nor security guards at my high shcool, and I can't imagine one keeping his job after he broke the wrist of a girl, let alone stay out of jail.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yup...and actually it was her wrist, not her arm, and it was in the process of pushing her onto a table to control her. The video doesnt show how much of a fuss she was putting up before it started either, so there is likely to be more going on than has been reported so far.

[/ QUOTE ]

why he would even be touching her I cannot imagine unless she was physically striking him. I mean really. it really sounds weird.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Video (god some of you guys suck at the internet [not you, dayrn]) of some of the arrest. Can't see much. Nonetheless, it should be troubling to everyone that the police/police surrogates can arrest those who film them doing something wrong. Do we really want a world where real incidents of police brutality can be covered up by arresting those who try to expose it?
Old 10-02-2007, 03:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"profiling" certain makes sense, but is too politically incorrect. However, I fly almost every week and the security checks are not that time consuming or irritating. The worst I face regularly is about 15 minutes at the height of traffic at SFO...and thats without access to elite/first class lines.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really have to stop agreeing with you, it's getting scary.. I was at SFO on a Saturday afternoon flying home once. I had strep throat, a fever higher than my hippie brother's non-existant thermometer could read, and I'd been held up at the ticket counter for a good 1 1/2 hours and I still managed to walk onto my flight a couple seconds before it took off. (The line would have gone a little faster if a few people in line had been paying attention to the lady shouting every few minutes about how containers with liquid weren't allowed on the plane. Or had those same people watched the idiot in front of them argue about wanting to take their container of water on and being denied.)

Seriously though, can we privatize the security check points at airports though? I assume they could safely profile then without fear of.. angry voters or something. I mean, I know we're dealing with saving lives, but we'd hate to offend people by looking for the bad guys based on what we know they look like.. Sigh.

Or maybe the screeners could watch the videos from 9/11 before each shift (the guys walking thru security, not the planes hitting buildings) to know what kind of behaviour to be looking for..? Just.. something so it's not completely random.

Oh.. and just for [censored] and giggles..

<font color="red"> SSSSSSS </font>
Old 10-02-2007, 10:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

from the reports and witnesses she cleaned it up but was still attacked. the justification for attacking the student videoing it on his phone I don't know.

that's a good argument you've got there btw.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok i just watched the video. it said she was arrested for battery and littering. where did the battery come from? do you think that was just a made up charge? maybe she hit the officer, is that acceptable in your world? also it mentions the mother was later arrested for battery on the vice principal, is that ok with you? do you see it as some kind of injustice that the mother was arrested presumably for striking a school official?

i mean seriously.. can you at least admit what you wrote initially:

[ QUOTE ]
I like the one where a school security guard in some LA high school broke a girls arm for dropping a piece of cake in the cafeteria. oh, and then had her and her mother arrested. and they arrested a student and his sister I think who taped the incident on his cellphone.

[/ QUOTE ]

is absolutely ridiculous? "had her and her mother arrested" .. what does that even mean?? like if i go rob a bank and the cops come and arrest me can i say "STUPID BANK MANAGER, HE HAD ME ARRESTED! WHAT AN [censored]!"

the only thing that makes sense here is complaining about the arrest of someone who taped the incident on a cell phone. that is stupid obviously, and i'd like to hear what they charged him with.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:20 AM

Bunch of stupid people in our society who demand security and are willing to give police and authority almost unlimited authority to get that "security". What did Benjamin Franklin say about people, security and liberty?

The TSA is the tip of the iceburg. Our elected officials have already given law enforcement the right to suspend habeas corpus. We are headed down that slippery road not through any fault but for the people that are appointed by the people we elected.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the only thing that makes sense here is complaining about the arrest of someone who taped the incident on a cell phone. that is stupid obviously, and i'd like to hear what they charged him with.

[/ QUOTE ]

"There's been a rash of arrests of late for videotaping police, and it's a disturbing development. Last year, Massachusetts Attorney General Tom Reilly threatened Internet activist Mary T. Jean with arrest and felony prosecution for posting a video to her website of state police swarming a home and arresting a man without a warrant. "

More examples and story::

Rash of Arrests for Videotaping Police
Old 10-02-2007, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"There's been a rash of arrests of late for videotaping police, and it's a disturbing development. Last year, Massachusetts Attorney General Tom Reilly threatened Internet activist Mary T. Jean with arrest and felony prosecution for posting a video to her website of state police swarming a home and arresting a man without a warrant. "

More examples and story::

Rash of Arrests for Videotaping Police

[/ QUOTE ]

previous events mentioned here