Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2007, 12:33 AM

Default Re: Ride With The Taser

also,

"turn around and put your hands behind your back" are pretty simple instructions, which the guy doesn't follow. in fact it looks like his right hand was going towards his right pocket.

the officer was obviously threatened a bit by the guy quickly walking up behind him

it is the guys fault 100%
Old 11-22-2007, 12:35 AM

I preferred the days of cops putting me on my ass with their cop ninja skills. This is just lazy.

I can see not wanting to get locked up with dude while there is someone else in the car though, wife or not.
Old 11-22-2007, 12:38 AM

He never said he was under arrest when he got out of the car. It's really obvious that the cop should have handled this way better.
Old 11-22-2007, 12:39 AM

yeah pigs suck.

The police should be there to use the lawas an instrument to serve and protect the people. Instead the police serve the law, and punish the citizens that break it. The culture of law enforment in the USA is so [censored] up I doubt that this problem will ever be recognised, let alone solved.
Old 11-22-2007, 12:40 AM

calc - That's a really shallow and dumb response.
Old 11-22-2007, 12:42 AM

and what.. you were trying to go one better?

unless you provide a cohesive argument to go along with your insult you are the shallow one
Old 11-22-2007, 12:45 AM

At 2:28 and onwards, it looks as if the driver is pulling a gun on the cop from the cop's perspective. The driver kept his hand by his pocket as if on a gun or a knife until he was tasered.

If the cop felt threatened because of this, he has a reasonable excuse for pulling out and using the taser. If he did not think this, then it was excessive force.
Old 11-22-2007, 12:53 AM

Seems like the dude could have fallen into traffic when he got tazered.

Very interesting how these cops are in situations that are so much like parenting. At about 3:30 the cop seems like he is about to tell the girl "get back in the car or I'll shoot you" but he checks himself. Just like when you are yelling at your kid you get to "...or I'll" and sometimes you have to stop because you know you can't follow through.

Cop didn't handle it well for sure. Is it that hard to tell him that signing isn't an admission of guilt, you have to sign or go to jail right now and to make your arguments to the judge?

That said, the dude needed to at least stand still. He wasn't particularly aggressive, but he was moving around way too much. Once he's been told to put his hands behind his back the cop can't just let him walk away.

I almost always side against the cop, but this time other than the fact he could have probably gotten the guy to sign, I don't think he was at fault. That is unless it's not really their policy that if you don't sign the ticket you go to jail.

Citizen, as usual for these videos, is a jackass, but that's not really important.
Old 11-22-2007, 01:00 AM

the truth is the cop created the panic and confusion hoping it would lead to a situation where he could use his taser, being the pig that he is.

A reasonable police officer, whos main goal was to diffuse the situation, would have warned the guy he would be placed under arrest if he didn't stay still and obey instructions. Or better yet, warned him that if he didn't sign the ticket he would have to arrest him. Instead, with no warning, he orders the guy out of the car, pulls the gun on him and starts yelling. And when the the agitated driver panicks, the pig does exactly what he wanted to do all along.

These are obviously the actions of a pig who likes to create situations where the slightest error by a citizen allows him to flex his ego and have some fun. As opposed to a police officer who likes to serve and protect by diffusing situations, instead of creating them.
Old 11-22-2007, 01:02 AM

but you are wrong? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]