Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2006, 03:13 AM

Default PKR Beta

Hi,

Has anyone played on the PKR Beta? This is the 3D poker room with all the bells and whistles?

I played this morning and thought it was a bit slow and gimmicky, but I'd be interested to know what you think...
Old 06-21-2006, 03:40 AM

Default Re: PKR Beta

yeah i think its kinda slow but when playing this i dont expect the action to be as fast as other poker rooms

i think this has a lot of potential and will probably be playing here every now and then when it goes public..

the beta is sick though i lost AA to AK heads up in a HU SNG.. riggedsauce
Old 07-03-2006, 12:02 PM

I had some trouble on the site, and the help folks said that you cannot run PKR while also running Norton, McAfee, or ANY firewall or antivirus program.

Is this true? This seems reckless to leave your computer unprotected for the whole time you are playing.

Has anyone found a way around this, or been able to run a particular firewall program while playing PKR?
Old 07-03-2006, 01:00 PM

hhmm predatory. I tried to download the beta and dnothing would happen. wonder if this is why. I keep hearing it is tooo much bells and whistles though. It would be nice to play a game or 2 there a month though. I don't see how it's a viable place for revenue. Both on players parts and on the poker rooms part.
Old 07-03-2006, 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had some trouble on the site, and the help folks said that you cannot run PKR while also running Norton, McAfee, or ANY firewall or antivirus program.

Is this true? This seems reckless to leave your computer unprotected for the whole time you are playing.

[/ QUOTE ]

They want their poker room to have the "feel" of an illegal underground poker club where anything could happen at any time.
Old 07-03-2006, 02:30 PM

lmao
Old 07-03-2006, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Has anyone found a way around this, or been able to run a particular firewall program while playing PKR?

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is true then they're doomed, doomed I tells ur.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:51 PM

I'm glad I signed up for the beta testing back when they first offered it. I just got my email telling me US players can't take part in their real money launch today. At least I get to free up some disk space.
Old 08-18-2006, 12:40 PM

Thought I would reply to try and help explain why we came to the decision we did.
Believe me, we’re as upset as you are and we tried hard to find a way around it. Temporarily losing a large % of our audience (and upsetting them) is not a decision we wanted to make or one taken lightly but I'll try to explain why we had to:

We have US investors and US investors have pulled out of every single publicly traded poker company already – on the 17th July to be precise.
It would be crazy for us to have thousands of US players for a couple of months and then have to return all your funds to you.
We are all hoping that this is only in the short term. October is important because the Senate session runs from 4th September to 6th October.

As far as freerolls go, if you win money in free rolls we will pay you. The difference between depositing and winning free rolls is that you (the customer) have not wagered anything. We’re not letting US players use their freeroll winnings in cash games because that might be considered gambling under the proposed legislation (even if you never deposited on our site). This is something we’re going to be reviewing. The reason we are continuing running freerolls at US friendly times is that we are still hoping that you will be able to join us in the coming months

Lets hope the Senate will see sense.....

Andy (PKR)
Old 08-21-2006, 04:42 PM

Been playing real money on there since Friday. The ring games are very playable (and beatable).

Excellent customer service - I've had a reply to every single e-mail within a matter of minutes.

Traffic is low (as you would expect at this time), but had several NLHE ring games going simutaneously. It's possible to multi-table two tables without any problem. Haven't had a chance to try more than that yet.

The MTTs are more popular, esp. the ones with extra money added.

My biggest gripe is the sit and go structure needs looking at as the blinds are increasing too quickly at 8 mins a round. I feel they should be more like 15 mins.

No problem running McAfee security firewall or spyware/adware blockers. I can even surf poker forums whilst playing without any problems.

I'm working off my initial 50% deposit bonus quite easily, unlike some sites where it seems to take a lifetime.

All in all, I'd say it's a good site with loads of potential. People posing as a chicken can get on your nerves after several minutes, but you can always turn those functions off. I also like the idea that it's based in England and not elsewhere. It makes the site more accountable.