Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 02:29 AM

Default Re: I will mentor you for free

1. How you are currently improving your game
I retooled my game in july by printing off the stickies in the micro stakes, full ring, and small stakes forums and am constantly reviewing and rereading useful information in these. i am also reviewing the numbers in my pokertracker database to continue to try to fix leaks. i also frequently troll the micro stakes and full ring forums and chat with several friends about various hands and plays.

2. Your poker goals
Right now my main goal is to keep improving. I am now a winning player after finding two plus two and i feel i am very close to getting an additional second income from poker. I would like to move to NL400 within 12 months maintaining proper bankroll management and feel comfortable playing at those levels. I do not feel my game is adequate to play at those levels right now but with a little mentoring it can help me get there.

3. Your current stakes and past earnings
Right now i play at NL50 after just moving up from NL25 occasionally a little NL100 when i can find the right players there. At NL25 i have made about 9bb/100 over 75k hands but have always ran somewhat bad at felt more comfortable at NL25. I feel that i understand most of the concepts even a lot of advance ones, but feel my game is just a slight bit too nitty to move up. Prior to July i was a break even player after rakeback and bonuses. I would win some then tilt some away. I have nearly eliminated the tilting problem (no one is perfect).

4. I will admit i havent posted much in the NL/PL strategy areas. I do often post hands to friends over messenger etc. and they do likewise and will often times give advice or ask them why they did what they did. I do feel that i am significantly better than most of my friends and am constantly trying to help them get better if they are willing. I do troll constantly and analyze hands and review my hands to see how i could have played them more optimally.

5. Im 25 have been playing poker for four years prior to recently more for fun and some occasional income. Im very analytical in my daily life and take a mathematical approach to the game. I have a full time state job on salary and i must work 36 hours per week although for the most part i can pick and choose which hours to work. I have played over 110k hands since July and put a lot of time into it. I do not have an ego so no problem there. Like i said i feel like i am very close and would appreciate the coaching. I would not be opposed to a website or using skype several of my friends have it already.
Old 11-22-2007, 04:30 AM

Default Re: I will mentor you for free

I think some people already offered to setup the web-site. If those don't work for you, I can set it up. I am doing a PhD in Computer Science and setting up a simple private login forum is pretty easy. Where are you planning to host it? My AIM id is linuxrocks1. PM or AIM me if you are need help with hosting. I will be away this Thanksgiving weekend though.

About me.

<font color="blue">1. How you are currently improving your game</font>

Getting coaching, self-analyzing and reading forums

<font color="blue">2. Your poker goals. </font>

Move up to 5/10NL and higher.

<font color="blue">3. Your current stakes and past earnings </font>

I mostly play at 2/4 6-max now a days. For a glimpse of my earnings, September graph. I have played about 100K hands so far this year.

<font color="blue">4. A few examples of good strategy posts you have made. </font>

A recent post: Poker as a Logic game

I have written a few poker articles as well.

1. Guide to multi-tabling
2. Common Mistakes Made by Low-limit Players in NL Single Table Tournaments
3. Satellite strategy

<font color="blue">5. A little about yourself.</font>

I am Computer geek and working on my PhD in CS.
Closed Thread