Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-26-2007, 07:01 PM

Default Re: Heartland Poker Tour Upcoming Events & they\'re coming 2 Denver are

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
http://www.pokertournamentformula.co...ournaments.htm

here is a list of tournys in colorado that compares the blind structures

[/ QUOTE ]

The best tournament in Colorado I don't see listed. It is the Sunday 2PM tournament at Colorado Central Station.

It is a $100 + $15 tournament with two rebuys at $100 each. The initial buy-in gives you 2,000 tournament chips. If you re-buy at the end of the second level, you will get 3,000 chips for each rebuy. Blinds start at 25/50 and rounds are 30 minutes long. So if you hold on to your starting stack of 2,000 and do the re-buys at the optimal time, you will have 8,000 chips going into the 3rd level which is 75/150. If you re-buy during the first or second level, you only get 2,000 chips instead of 3,000 chips.

Most tournaments in CO suck but this one is not bad; it usually lasts about 7-8 hours and has 66-80 participants.

[/ QUOTE ]

You think that is better than the 300 at 3pm on Sundays at the Gilpin? It is $100 with 2 $100 rebuys. For each $100 buy in you get $3k in chips, but you get $6k bonus chips if you take both rebuys up front to start with 15k in chips. The blind levels are 30 minutes each starting at 25-50.

edit to add: If you really think that one is better please let me know what makes it better to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't played the Gilpin so I can't really comment on their Sunday 300. I saw a tournament sheet on Gilpin tournaments about a year ago and I was turned off by the extremely high vig - if I recall, they were charging $15 vig on buy-ins as low as $50. Perhaps they have changed this??

Is the Gilpin 300 structure and vig posted somewhere? Too lazy to look at the moment.

thanks