Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2007, 01:40 AM

Default LAD and SD -fixed?

I can't believe Im writing this but I think the game that just finished was fixed.Prolly nothing to do with crock but I think there was a [censored] of money on LA tonite that was +200+.Lets take a look
Broxton comes in to close the game out -with LA winning 5-1.(Just for the record hes been lit up in alot of outings this year but I guess thats besides the point).
So he starts out gives up a single-fine hes got lots of room -give him a chance.He gives up another single -which was not his fault due to an error -but fine guys on 1st and 2nd -still lots of room.Then he gives up another single and now bases loaded.-Now its getting debateable whether you should leave him out.But fine give him a chance to get out-he now gives up another single -only 1 run scores -bases still loaded -NOW you have to pull him but no they leave him out there.
Now he gives up a ground rule double and 2 more guys score -NOW you have to pull him right?You still have lead 5-4.But no -they again leave him out there.Now they walk a guy and load bases again still no out and you leave him out there.Well he then gives up another single -bases still loaded and game 5-5.Still leave him out there and he gives up a walk and game over 6-5.Whats the thinking here?Is this punishment to broxton?With the game on the line you let a pitcher give up 5 hits and 2 walks and dont bring someone else in?Maybe they had noone else,maybe the phone was busted,maybe some hoods threatened LAD and told them to tank it.Just didnt make sense -anybody would have been good enough -just get broxton out of there.Obviously im venting and had some dough on the game -but it just makes me wonder.Im kinda of newish to baseball so maybe im missing something.
Anyone else think its fishy?
Old 06-08-2007, 01:46 AM

Default Re: LAD and SD -fixed?

1) Yes, probably nothing to do with crock.

2) It isn't easy to hit a 99-mph fastball.

3) I'm mad as well, but it wasn't rigged.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:47 AM

Bob L, I appreciate your frustration but the game wasn't fixed. There is zero chance of that. It is one of the sickest loses I have ever experienced. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 06-08-2007, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bob L, I appreciate your frustration but the game wasn't fixed. There is zero chance of that. It is one of the sickest loses I have ever experienced. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if this or the ARod walkoff versus the Indians was worse...probably that one as it killed both over/under and moneyline bets. Puke.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:56 AM

I remember a NFL last week of the reg. season matchup between the Saints and some other sucker team. Maybe 2003 or 2004, don't quite remember exaclty.

The whole world seemed to be on NO -2.5 or whatever it was and they were down in the 4th when a TD was scored and the freakin' kicker missed the PAT to tie the game and send it to OT with time running out... now what do you know?

Tonight I feel the same. Frustrated, in disbelief and actually numb. Don't even care about the money, it's only money (4k to be precise), but this emotional break down is wearing on me.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if this or the ARod walkoff versus the Indians was worse...probably that one as it killed both over/under and moneyline bets. Puke.

[/ QUOTE ]

I lost that game too, not to mention the TB game a couple nights ago.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1) Yes, probably nothing to do with crock.

2) It isn't easy to hit a 99-mph fastball.

3) I'm mad as well, but it wasn't rigged.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-08-2007, 02:30 AM

Lol if it was fixed nobody told Furcal or Kuo about it.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:42 AM

I've said it for years, letting the closer get the save is more important than winning the game.

Todd Jones did the same thing last week against the Tribe. He couldn't get anybody out, but you can't yank him, because that might hurt his confidence.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've said it for years, letting the closer get the save is more important than winning the game.

Todd Jones did the same thing last week against the Tribe. He couldn't get anybody out, but you can't yank him, because that might hurt his confidence.

[/ QUOTE ]

but getting rocked for 5 runs and getting the loss wont hurt his confidence...