Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack

Old 07-28-2007, 03:40 PM

Default New iPoker Advertising Policy

Just got this from our NoiQ AM who told us to take down our NoiQ VIP offer.

"I’m writing this mail to you due to the new policy of iPoker. This is really critical and must be done immediately.

Because of this NoiQ are now contacting all our partners to take immediate action and follow the new policy from iPoker.

Affiliates who have a website or partner sites with the word “RAKE” in the domain name must immediately remove NoiQPoker from that website.
Affiliates are not allowed to attract new players from any websites with the name “Rake” in the domain. Example: www.viprakedeal” : Not allowed because of the word “RAKE”
Affiliates are not allowed to advertise the VIP system by telling players how much the VIP system equals in Rakeback.
Affiliates who break these rules will have their affiliate frozen and commission stopped.
NoiQ are truly sorry about this and been so strict against you, but iPoker have contacted all poker skins with this new policy so there is not much we can do about this.

We will continue to discuss this with iPoker and hopefully we can advertise NoiQ on domains with the word “RAKE” in it.

Please contact me when it has been done or if you have any questions."
Old 07-28-2007, 04:03 PM

Default Re: New iPoker Advertising Policy

It really strikes me as odd that virtually all (if not all) of the skins have offered rakeback at one time or another but yet the network goes back and forth on their rakeback policy. I am sure that many of the skins make it easy to get under the table rakeback while others are more obvious about it like Noiq has been. I wonder why iPoker would have a policy that most if not all of their skins disagree with and change their minds on from time to time.
Old 07-28-2007, 06:08 PM

I hope we won't get any problems for the people that have already signed thrue that offer on a domain name with the word ''rake'', espicially since the payouts are supposed to be in a couple of days [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-28-2007, 06:56 PM

Nobody with any existing deal through any affiliate for NoiQPoker will be affected in any way. The rule kicks in on 1st August so everyone else has until then to sign up legitimately anyhow

regards

RakeTheRake
Old 07-28-2007, 11:25 PM

I am pretty sure that this is going to be network wide. We were allowed to offer something with Cardoza Poker a couple of weeks ago (the same type of point system that Noiqpoker uses). After a few days of having them on our site (not to mention telling all of our customers about it in our monthly newsletter) they emailed us and told us that they cannot allow affiliates with 'rake' in the URL and that this would be iPoker policy.

Rake Tracker
Old 07-29-2007, 09:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Affiliates are not allowed to attract new players from any websites with the name “Rake” in the domain.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm that's sick but what about a new domain? How much does it cost? $10 per year?
rs.com
rtr.com
rt.com
Everybody knows what it means. And there's no "rake" in the domain.

[ QUOTE ]
Affiliates are not allowed to advertise the VIP system by telling players how much the VIP system equals in Rakeback.

[/ QUOTE ]
Everybody calculates that for everything they get (bonuses, TVs, books,...). Do they really want to piss off all their players?
Old 07-29-2007, 03:49 PM

Yes it doesn't make much sense as the rule doesn't even cover the rakeback sites that don't have "rake" in the domain. It should be noted though that our NoiQ manager said the NoiQ VIP offer is still legit and is not being yanked - these are just new advertising rules and do not affect players. It may be a little harder to find, but the offer will be available for the foreseeable future. (Granted the foreseeable future of such deals on iPoker is not very clear, but it has their approval at the moment.)
Old 07-30-2007, 09:09 AM

I guess I'll have to stop advertising iPoker rooms on my lawn and gardening tools website.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess I'll have to stop advertising iPoker rooms on my lawn and gardening tools website.

[/ QUOTE ]

N1!