Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2007, 07:04 PM

Default Re: Call of Duty 4 for PC

good luck... I played the demo and it was slowing down my brand new laptop(Intel Core 2 2.2Ghz,2GB of ram)... and that was with the settings turned down a bit... you could just get a PS3/360 and save yourself money if your really committed to playing this game.
Processor Speed doesn't have very much to do with overall quality and speed of your system, the newer the processor/motherboard the faster your system will be regardless of the clock speed(however, it does matter a lot when choosing between individual processors of the same make/model but your money is much better spent upgrading your RAM).
Old 11-17-2007, 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Processor Speed doesn't have very much to do with overall quality and speed of your system, the newer the processor/motherboard the faster your system will be regardless of the clock speed(however, it does matter a lot when choosing between individual processors of the same make/model but your money is much better spent upgrading your RAM).

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont understand what you are trying to say here. More or faster RAM isn't going to help him with the game.

A faster processor will always have an affect, RAM will only affect up to a certain point,usually 1-2GB is more than enough and adding more won't help your system at all while a faster clock speed on the same processor family will always show results.

Even with Vista Ultimate the banchmarks I have seen show no improvement in most benchmarks above 1GB of RAM but show dramatic changes by upgrading the processor to high clock frequency and faster bus speed.
Old 11-17-2007, 08:04 PM

OP has a bizarre posting history.
Old 11-17-2007, 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OP has a bizarre posting history.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol yea.
Old 11-17-2007, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont understand what you are trying to say here. More or faster RAM isn't going to help him with the game.

A faster processor will always have an affect, RAM will only affect up to a certain point,usually 1-2GB is more than enough and adding more won't help your system at all while a faster clock speed on the same processor family will always show results.

Even with Vista Ultimate the banchmarks I have seen show no improvement in most benchmarks above 1GB of RAM but show dramatic changes by upgrading the processor to high clock frequency and faster bus speed.

[/ QUOTE ]
eh...I was pretty confusing... I was trying to something to the effect of:
-Intel Core 2>Pentium 4 regardless of clock speed(I think...could be wrong but recently Intel has stopped trying to make the fastest clock speeds on earth and make there processors better overall)
-the ~$200 jumps for .2Ghz are in some cases better spent(ie. RAM when it comes to gaming) IMO
Old 11-17-2007, 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
good luck... I played the demo and it was slowing down my brand new laptop(Intel Core 2 2.2Ghz,2GB of ram)... and that was with the settings turned down a bit... you could just get a PS3/360 and save yourself money if your really committed to playing this game.

[/ QUOTE ]
erbbysam for mod
Old 11-17-2007, 09:28 PM

no you are right about that. C2D handles data much more efficiently than pentium 4. For example a 2.66 C2D smokes the fastest Pentium D, 3.4 or 3.6 or something I forget. Yeah .2GHz for 200$ is pretty spendy.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:09 PM

I'm a little late, but why not dl the CoD4 demo and see how it runs? I found that I could run it on my old lappy, but to get a playable framerate (for me) I needed to set the resolution down to 768x whatever, and everything off. Game ran smooth but looked like crap...so I bought it for my 360.