Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2007, 07:59 AM

Default Tour Championship

Are Phil and Tiger playing together? Is Phil even playing? (assuming his daughter has an off-week for soccer)

fixed subject line - tup
Old 09-11-2007, 08:26 AM

Default Re: Tour Championship

Considering phil doesn't have to play a pro-am, I think he might make it.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:56 AM

Get off Phil's back, this is getting a bit old already. Better subject would be to discuss how only 5 players have a shot at the championship and how it is extremely likely that Woods will take down the title due to the inconsistencies in the points structure.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:04 AM

Holy [censored]! I just read about the [censored] up greens at East Lake. They can't even practice they're so bad! Unreal!
Old 09-11-2007, 10:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Get off Phil's back, this is getting a bit old already. Better subject would be to discuss how only 5 players have a shot at the championship and how it is extremely likely that Woods will take down the title due to the inconsistencies in the points structure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Phil deserves to have people on his back. He's the exact opposite of Tiger: Tiger appears cold and calculated with the occasional (even often) glimpses of fun and personality, and Phil plays the nice guy with the glimpses of cold and disliked. I'll take the former.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are Phil and Tiger playing together? Is Phil even playing? (assuming his daughter has an off-week for soccer)

[/ QUOTE ]

I read that he knocked Amy up on his week off. He'll play, but will withdraw if she goes into delivery this weekend.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:41 PM

lol I love how the opening discussion has zero (0) content and a bunch of lame-as-[censored] Phil jokes. You guys are a riot. Do you all write your own material?

Old 09-11-2007, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Get off Phil's back, this is getting a bit old already. Better subject would be to discuss how only 5 players have a shot at the championship and how it is extremely likely that Woods will take down the title due to Phold's ability to choke down the stretch when everything is on the line.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just had to.

And Porter almost perfectly explained my dislike for Phold. I'll take the guy who's an arrogant prick and acts like one rather then the guy who pretends like he's mister nice guy while behind the scenes he's the second most hated guy on tour.

What we'll probably see on Sunday
"I'm so stupid."

Plus here's an article article on Phold that I'm sure all will enjoy

Why I Think Phil Mickelson is a Fat Douche

Two bonus tidbits:

[ QUOTE ]
A casual acquaintance of "Off The Baggie" was a volunteer at this years Masters, and offered us this tiny tidbit on Phil:

"During the tournament, the other players kept calling him FIGJAM all week, and when I asked what it stood for, one of them told me it stood for '[censored] I'm Good Just Ask Me.'"

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Last August at the PGA Championship at Baltusrol, in New Jersey, a reporter turned to a golfer on the tour and said of Phil Mickelson, “Man, the fans here love Phil.” The golfer replied, “They don’t know him the way we do.” It blew our minds a little when we heard this, since Mickelson ranks among the most admired golfers in America. But today the same reporter makes his case bluntly: “Phil Mickelson literally has no friends out there. He annoys everybody.”

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-11-2007, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it is extremely likely that Woods will take down the title due to the inconsistencies in the points structure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell me you're joking
Old 09-11-2007, 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and how it is extremely likely that Woods will take down the title due to the inconsistencies in the points structure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because someone else is more deserving?