Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation

Old 06-28-2007, 01:55 PM

Default New Neteller Press Release: June 28, 2007

http://www.neteller-group.com/press/en/131.htm

Press Release
Annual Audited Accounts

Thursday, 28 June 2007 – NETELLER Plc (LSE: NLR), the independent global online payments business, announced on 4 June 2007 that it was continuing to cooperate with the investigation being conducted by the United States Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York (“USAO”), under the advice of its legal advisers and in accordance with court orders in the Isle of Man, and that it was in discussions with the USAO for the purpose of resolving the investigation. The Company also commented at that time that it had advised the USAO that it would use its best efforts to resolve the investigation no later than 13 July 2007.

The Company today announces that due to the ongoing investigation by the US authorities, the annual audited accounts for the year ended 31 December 2006 will not be finalised in time to send to shareholders by 30 June 2007. The Company can confirm that the outcome of the investigation is the sole matter delaying the finalisation of the accounts.

Accordingly, the Company will not be able to comply with Rule 19 of the AIM Rules that requires an AIM company to send its accounts to shareholders not later than six months after the end of the financial year to which they relate. Consistent with its advice to the USAO to use its best efforts to resolve the investigation by no later than 13 July 2007, the Company is doing its utmost to finalise and post its audited accounts and to announce its full year results for the period ended 31 December 2006 to the market.

The Company's ordinary shares will continue to be suspended from trading. Further information will be announced as and when it becomes available.

If you have any queries relating to the above, please contact the Company's nominated adviser on 020 7991 8888.

---------------------------------------
Old 06-28-2007, 02:33 PM

Default Re: New Neteller Press Release: June 28, 2007

does anyone know what the usoa is saying about all this? till now i have been just sitting back and waiting, but now it may be time to get alittle po-active.has anyone talked about legal action on our behalf or am i way off base? i live in washington dc, and if i knew the right doors to knock on,id be out there trying to get answers.
Old 06-28-2007, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
does anyone know what the usoa is saying about all this? till now i have been just sitting back and waiting, but now it may be time to get alittle po-active.has anyone talked about legal action on our behalf or am i way off base? i live in washington dc, and if i knew the right doors to knock on,id be out there trying to get answers.

[/ QUOTE ]

There has been talk of legal action, but the consensus is it would be premature at this point. A good chunk of people who are owed money have joined a yahoo newsgroup, and this would probably be a good place to start.
Old 06-28-2007, 06:48 PM

addtionally they have their own site now:

http://netellercustomercoalition.com/

The other is YAHOO GROUPS

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group...omerCoalition/

obg

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There has been talk of legal action, but the consensus is it would be premature at this point. A good chunk of people who are owed money have joined a yahoo newsgroup, and this would probably be a good place to start.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-28-2007, 11:19 PM

So when the [censored] are we gonna get our money?
Old 06-29-2007, 03:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So when the [censored] are we gonna get our money?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometime between Neteller's statement of "July 13" and "When hell freezes over."
Old 06-29-2007, 10:27 AM

It is June 29. They are hoping to get the investigation complete by July 13; two weeks away. Why is now all of a sudden the time to do something? That July 13 date is promising and is the best news we've had.

The time to do something is when the investigation is complete and they tell us all to eat our account balances because Dubya is donating them to his bible study group.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It is June 29. They are hoping to get the investigation complete by July 13; two weeks away.

[/ QUOTE ]

And for those not aware, that is <font color="red">"Friday the 13th", </font> figures!!
Old 06-29-2007, 06:15 PM

ok, im not the sharpest candle in the box, but doesnt that press release imply that we can no longer expect action on the 13th?
Old 06-29-2007, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok, im not the sharpest candle in the box, but doesnt that press release imply that we can no longer expect action on the 13th?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, they are saying they won't have one of their annual financial statements ready by June 30th, and this is due to the USAO investigation. They're still going use their "best efforts" (whatever that means) to resolve the investigation by July 13th.