Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2007, 07:26 PM

Default 100NL HU:Is this OESD flop shove too much?

Villain and I have played about 160 hands so far. I've opened for 4BB every single hand that I've been SB (61/61/4)and have seen repop w/ PPs, any suited aces or kings, and any combination of broadway so I think the PF call was OK (but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). As you can see from the stack sizes, things have not been going well for my opponent, and his general behavior (taking longer to act each round, increasing the size of his raises/reraises) seems to me that he is getting frustrated and as such I might not have as much fold equity as I otherwise might think. On the other hand, he is quite likely feeling pushed around and may be betting into me with some pretty questionable stuff by this point. I miscalculated the SPR on the flop and thought my shove was closer to being 1/3 of the total pot if he called. In general though, is this good, bad, or just plain ugly?

Poker Stars, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 2 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

BB: $130
Hero (SB): $415.70

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $4</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $14</font>, Hero calls $10

Flop: ($28) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $21</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $401.70 and is All-In</font>...
Old 11-19-2007, 07:31 PM

Default Re: 100NL HU:Is this OESD flop shove too much?

it's close. you have almost no pair outs if called. the flop hits his 3betting range pretty well and he won't fold TP+, of course. I think you have pretty good implied odds if you just call and hit because he won't put you on a (double) gutshot.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:34 PM

def. not optimal, would call though
if u hit turn i still feel if he calls u on flop he will on turn as well, so not really giving anything up by calling..
Old 11-19-2007, 09:36 PM

Looks good. You're ace will be an out quite often when he calls, thus you have like 10 outs and approx. 30% equity. You only need 33% FE for the push to be +EV.
If he doesn't 2nd barrel very often you can also consider calling the flop and betting any turn.
But the folks in HU-Forum probably know more about this.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:39 PM

yeah its ok. you have equity if called and are not getting called all the time

there is a headsup forum you should check out as well
Old 11-19-2007, 09:40 PM

This looks fine. I like less than a shove (but still putting him in) for aesthetic purposes.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:41 PM

Well, it pretty much says "Look! I has an OESD!"

And he's not gonna fold any kind of made hand esp. given history.

Call in position and go from there.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He'll still be hard pressed to call with an underpair knowing he is SA/WB. And it effectively prevents him from 2nd barreling the turn with any random junk and forcing us out of the pot. I agree, he will call the push with any Queen and most likely with a Ten, too - but he doesn't have a holding this strong that often. And even against AT we have &gt;40% equity and don't mind him calling the the push.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He'll still be hard pressed to call with an underpair knowing he is SA/WB. And it effectively prevents him from 2nd barreling the turn with any random junk and forcing us out of the pot. I agree, he will call the push with any Queen and most likely with a Ten, too - but he doesn't have a holding this strong that often. And even against AT we have &gt;40% equity and don't mind him calling the the push.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, we can always shove vs. the 2nd barrel and it's the same thing basically. Again, given that Hero is in position, I think calling is more +EV in this particular spot because 1.) we don't always have to go broke if we whiff and 2.) we will often get paid off anyway if we hit.