Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 07:26 PM

Default Help me become a better pushbot.

Hi! I'm a micro donk playing turbo MTSNG's. The pushbotting starts after ~30 minutes, and carries on for the rest of the tournament (another ~30 minutes). Therefore, correct/solid pushbotting is ÜBER important. I've read MJBuddys post about it wich improved my pushbotting. However, i still feel i have leaks, mainly pushing to loose against the donkeys.

What i want you to help me with, is to look at all these hands, and tell me if what i am doing is correct. They are all from turbo 1/45's, wich means that blinds go up every 5 min, and all opponents are donkeys. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I havnt included PT stats/reads because i am looking for generel answers.

HAND #1

Thoughts: Some donkey calls off 100 chips with 300 chips in his stack. I really have no idea what to put him on. I see this as ATC. I was getting short, blinds were 75/150 within a minute and the plan was to shove and hope everyone folded except UTG and win the allin when getting correct pot odds. Don't know if this is the sort of hand i should pass up though.

Poker Stars, $1 + $0.10 NL Hold'em Tournament, 50/100 Blinds, 8 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

Hero (MP2): 1,025
CO: 1,940
BTN: 2,740
SB: 905
BB: 2,860
UTG: 300
UTG+1: 2,830
MP1: 520

Pre-Flop: (150) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K dealt to Hero (MP2)
UTG calls 100, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to 1,025 and is All-In</font>

HAND #2

Thoughts: Meh, not much thought here. I'm short and want to double up. The question is, would you send 10BBs to the middle from UTG with A9? I did it... Just don't know if its profitable...

Poker Stars, $1 + $0.10 NL Hold'em Tournament, 75/150 Blinds, 8 Players

Hero (UTG): 1,450
UTG+1: 715
MP1: 2,740
MP2: 335
CO: 2,710
BTN: 900
SB: 2,980
BB: 1,290

Pre-Flop: (225) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to 1,450 and is All-In</font>

HAND #3

Thoughts: Well, i was big on chips, so thats the time to bully people, right? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Well thats what i thought i'd do. My question is, do i have enough folding equity with such shallow stacks against two donks to pull this steal off?

Poker Stars, $1 + $0.10 NL Hold'em Tournament, 300/600 Blinds, 7 Players

Hero (BTN): 9,372
SB: 3,840
BB: 3,259
UTG: 1,570
UTG+1: 3,420
MP: 10,309
CO: 2,965

Pre-Flop: (1,250) 8 K dealt to Hero (BTN)
4 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to 9,322 and is All-In</font>

HAND #4

Thoughts: Well, i read bonds article on stack sizes, and he mentioned true big-blinds. (1 true bb = two thirds of the pot preflop), here the true bb was ~315 so actually, i'm getting shortstacked!! Is this a good spot to steal, or should i be terrified of the big stack?

Poker Stars, $1 + $0.10 NL Hold'em Tournament, 100/200 Blinds, 7 Players

SB: 3,195
BB: 6,435
UTG: 2,245
UTG+1: 1,970
MP: 1,890
Hero (CO): 2,960
BTN: 2,850

Pre-Flop: (475) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
3 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to 2,935 and is All-In</font>

I know it's a long post and stuff, but i would appreciate a reply very much!

Thanks!
Old 11-09-2007, 07:44 PM

Default Re: Help me become a better pushbot.

1 is fine with the blind increase coming I'm not giving that guy credit for anything
2 kinda meh, I'd fold with an M over 6 still and no antes yet, but I don't think it's terrible or anything
3 good
4 fold

edit: the more I think about it the less I like the first one with the chance the limper actually has something nice+the chance someone behind has something. After all, your M is still like 7, although it's going down really soon.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:55 PM

Cool, thanks for the reply mate. Really appreciate you helping me out here, to become better. I'll wait for some more opinions, and then i'll post results (if anyone cares). Thanks again mate!

Edit: Might post some hands from tournies i have yet to play in the next couple of days, to get them analyzed as well and (hopefully) make progress. I'll just post it in this thread instead of spamming the forum...
Old 11-09-2007, 08:01 PM

PUSHBOT CHARTS

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-ZEN
Old 11-09-2007, 08:10 PM

Hello magaca,

1. Weird spot given the limper's stack size, but I have no problem with a push there.

2. Fold. You're too early position at a full table, your stack is big enough to survive the blinds, and -- most importantly -- nobody else at the table has a big stack so you have FE on everyone (even after you got through the blinds).

3. Looks good. Your stack is only as big as the biggest stack behind you here.

4. Fold. You shouldn't bee in too big a hurry here... plus, you're pushing into the only big stack at the table. I'm sure you'd find opportunities to open-push in the next orbit or two that avoid the big stack's blind.

Good luck!

Matt
Old 11-09-2007, 08:35 PM

@Zen: Thanks mate, that's a great way to get me started on ranges. Really appreciate that. I should view this as a helpfull tool to get me started right? I can't just follow the guide lines forever and expect to pwn tournaments over and over can i? :S

@Sapsuckah: Thanks for the answers, That's really helpfull! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]