Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2007, 12:35 PM

Default Watch out for the media selling an Iran war, the coming weeks

They [the source's institution] have "instructions" (yes, that was the word used) from the Office of the Vice-President to roll out a campaign for war with Iran in the week after Labor Day; it will be coordinated with the American Enterprise Institute, the Wall Street Journal, the Weekly Standard, Commentary, Fox, and the usual suspects. It will be heavy sustained assault on the airwaves, designed to knock public sentiment into a position from which a war can be maintained. Evidently they don't think they'll ever get majority support for this--they want something like 35-40 percent support, which in their book is "plenty."

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles...ney_orders.htm
http://www.newyorker.com/online/blog...re-were-a.html
http://icga.blogspot.com/2007/08/pos...-war-with.html
Old 09-04-2007, 12:37 PM

Default Re: Watch out for the media selling an Iran war, the coming weeks

Why do you figure WSJ will get on board?
Old 09-04-2007, 01:10 PM

LOL - funny joke.

WSJ will get on board of course because it's now a Murdoch owned company, amongst other things.

I read the article a couple weeks ago, but rather then put my faith in things like those rumors, I take note of things like an extra 50 billion requested for defense the war on terror that Gates is left out of the loop about, the 2nd aircraft carrier that went to the gulf months ago (allowing 7x24 ops) as well as some rumors from folks on those carriers.

That and the imminent departure of some of Dubya's closest advisers suggests that in the struggle for the heart and soul of GWB that Cheney has won. Cheney wants Iran hit hard and has been the biggest pusher for it.

the Iranians are generally pro-American - they just have an idiot for a leader right now - one sympathizes. But like 9/11, a hit on Iran will solidify them behind their idiot democratically elected leaders.

I would NOT want to be a soldier in Iraq when this goes down.

RB
Old 09-04-2007, 01:13 PM

You know, I remember when you posted this same tripe a few months back. I'll have to go and poke around google video, but it seems to me that there was a presentation done by someone associated with the 9/11 truth movement that there would be a war with Iran by the end of the summer.

A track record of failed predictions might be a strawman. But, perhaps, past performance is indicative of future results.
Old 09-04-2007, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL - funny joke.

WSJ will get on board of course because it's now a Murdoch owned company, amongst other things.

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wondering if someone would point that out.

semi-hijack: I'm very very curious to see what happens to the WSJ in the near future. Apprently, there is a board of independent directors now in place to ensure that the paper maintains the same level of quality and independence as it had pre-murdoch and this oversight was part of the deal. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out as the WSJ is/was the last real piece of journalism left in the US IMO.
Old 09-04-2007, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You know, I remember when you posted this same tripe a few months back. I'll have to go and poke around google video, but it seems to me that there was a presentation done by someone associated with the 9/11 truth movement that there would be a war with Iran by the end of the summer.

A track record of failed predictions might be a strawman. But, perhaps, past performance is indicative of future results.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or perhaps the understanding of the public does matter in their actions.
Old 09-04-2007, 02:22 PM

Which would be a worse place to be as an American civilian if the U.S. started a serious air campaign against Iran, Syria or Lebanon?
Old 09-04-2007, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, they are really worried what a bunch of conspiracy mongers on the internet think.
Old 09-04-2007, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, they are really worried what a bunch of conspiracy mongers on the internet think.

[/ QUOTE ]

We agree then.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:18 PM

The one piece of journalism (if you can even call it that) that I have seen "sell" war with Iran was Maxim magazine. I don't really often read that magazine so I was very surprised to read phrases like "suck it Iran" as I read about new battle cruisers with rail guns etc. Perhaps they have already begun this conspiracy and they are starting with the low IQ portion of the population to give them longer to let the information "sink in".