Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2007, 02:22 AM

Default Re: Poker 101: KQs

Our hand has WAY too much equity to check this flop.

CO has 12.85 left in his stack. We want to bet slightly less than that amount. This will allow us to 3-bet AI if he pushes, assuming that the SB comes along.

$6.40 is the perfect bet size here.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:24 AM

yeah, raise pf, yeah we want AI, bet 6 so when shortie shoves it reopens betting and we can shove on the cold calling donkers.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:30 AM

I definitely should have stuck with my original answer it was only off by .40. I knew I was missing something here and it was betting an appropriate amount so we can reopen the betting if the CO pushed.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
CO has 12.85 left in his stack. We want to bet slightly less than that amount. This will allow us to 3-bet AI if he pushes, assuming that the SB comes along.

$6.40 is the perfect bet size here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this thought process but what happens when SB/BB don't have a hand that warrants calling off 100BBs on the flop?

SB isn't going to dump his stack with a marginal hand on this board. He would need a powerhouse hand.

I'd target out BB. If we bet $8, and CO shoves then it's only a few bucks more for BB to call. If BB is going to call $8 then he's probably going toss in a few extra bucks that CO added.

If BB's hand improves on the turn then he might be willing to play for 100BBs even while drawing pretty much dead.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:35 AM

The bet size should be anything higher than 7.4$ IMO.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:44 AM

pot the flop
Old 07-18-2007, 03:18 AM

*grunch*
1. I'm fast becoming an advocate of not open limping and I'm not going to fold this so raise is ok with me.
2.lol. I salivate at the idea that someone's going to push this.
3.Hmmm... this is an interesting one. I'd generally advocate a pot-size bet here but you really want action here and you want it from the nitty player since the BB will call down a hit if we've got a read on him and the CO is bonus money in the pot. So I bet maybe $5-$6 trying to represent uncertainty in the hope that he'll come over the top with top pair, etc.....
Old 07-18-2007, 03:24 AM

1) yes yes yes yes yes omg yes.
2) I don't even know what that means. Think about lines and ranges and things like that... not whether you want to be all in. If I had to give an answer, it would be no, but whatever... it's a dumb question and nothing interesting will come out of it.
3) $7.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:26 AM

$6
Old 07-18-2007, 03:26 AM

yes, we are not folding this and betting is far better than limping, since we don't want to invite too many limpers. If there are lots of multiway raised pots I sometimes go for a checkraise to get it headsup (if we get one caller we invite more)

Yes, we have 15 outs to a straight or flush so we are favorite against alomst anything at the flop. Unless we're headsup on the turn we are still in very good shape there. The only hand that I worry about (a tiny little bit) is AK. We'll need to catch our flush and if it's Ah he can catch a runner runner heart to redraw. It is very likely we are not facing AK though, since I would expect a 3bet preflop and even if that would have been the case I'd probably not slow down here.

I bet $5... Enough to commit CO is he calls... inviting more than one call (which is great since we're drawing to a big hand) and if someone reads this as weakness I'm willing to get raised to go allin myself.
If my opponents were observant I'd do what I normally do on such a draw-heavy flop: pot it. I do not want to give away my hand and not get paid off.