Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2007, 10:05 PM

Default Mods Trolling

What is up with the recent introduction of mods trolling in their own subforums?

I guess the first introduction to this was [censored] being heavy handed in his forum way back, funny and understandable.

However now we have DS and El Diablo using silliness and sarcasm to generate long threads and lots of hate. Mason has taken to attacking on occassion. I just read a response by TT laying into a guy for suggesting that their is a solution to NY's poker problems.

Is this really what 2+2 is looking to become?
Old 06-25-2007, 10:09 PM

Default Re: Mods Trolling

yeah? well if i were mod of ATF, i'd tell you to pull your head out of your ass and grow a pair, you namby pamby little touchy feely grabastic [censored] suckbag vaginal excretion
Old 06-25-2007, 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah? well if i were mod of ATF, i'd tell you to pull your head out of your ass and grow a pair, you namby pamby little touchy feely grabastic [censored] suckbag vaginal excretion

[/ QUOTE ]

See now this is funny, this is not what I am talking about. Funny is fine with me. :P

Also.. I would have no problem with this if I could respond to such trolling in kind without fear of heavy handed consequences. ie the reason I posted here.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:40 PM

you call it trolling, others call it silencing idiots.

good for the health of the forum as a whole? who knows. i think so, but can see how some might disagree.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:59 PM

The solution to NYs poker problem is to not play in illegal card rooms. Or if you do, dont bitch and moan when the places get raided. I considered saying as much, but i figure id get a banning over it cos TT struggles to see the wood for the trees at times. Seems a sound bloke though, fwiw.

Sometimes i dont really get ElD - his NVG thread recently relating to the rake in the big online games was a good example - its not levelling if its totally obvious to all but the noobish of noobs.

Anyway, basically everyone in the world sucks, being green makes them no different.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:02 PM

2+2 has always been a contentious place. Check the front page description of the 2+2 magazine:

[ QUOTE ]
An online magazine in the Two Plus Two tradition of top quality poker/gambling information, vigorous debate, and having a little fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some forums like the Beginners Forum need to be the exception to the rule, but the rest of the place is full of degenerate gamboolers for whom it's on like Donkey Kong™.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:18 PM

ok ok, I think I need to get some control over my kneejerk reactions, and learn to respond in an intelligent unbannable manner that gets my point across.

I didn't used to have such a "temper", I blame it on crazy women. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Oh and if any subforum is looking for a mod, I been on 2+2 longer than anyone.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:22 PM

Emperor for mod of Crazy Women Forum. Or Hot Chick Forum. Or Crazy Hot Chicks Who Like Women Forum.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Emperor for mod of Crazy Women Forum. Or Hot Chick Forum. Or Crazy Hot Chicks Who Like Women Forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could definitely mod the geeks who are having problems with chics forum being proposed. However, I'm not nearly as funny as some of the mods being proposed. As we all know, comedic talent > experience in topic. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-25-2007, 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The solution to NYs poker problem is to not play in illegal card rooms. Or if you do, dont bitch and moan when the places get raided.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG, I love you. I wish I would have said it that simply ages ago - PLEASE feel free to join in next time. The real problem with NYC's card rooms is ignorance, a little bit of smarts would go a long way to help protect the players.

[ QUOTE ]
I considered saying as much, but i figure id get a banning over it cos TT struggles to see the wood for the trees at times. Seems a sound bloke though, fwiw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes I laugh about how people are afraid of getting banned on 2+2, its really silly if you view it from almost any mods POV. I can literally count on my hand the number of people who I have banned that had more than 50 posts, and i have only once ever banned someone for being overtly argumentative (and that was only because he was so stubborn , I needed to shake some sense into him. It was lifted in 24 hours). From what Ive seen of the other mods they all generally do the same as me - even NT, bannings really are kind of rare, you have really got to step over the line to get banned over an online debate. Trolling might earn you a slap on the wrist at most if your a good contributor, and even then its often ignored or the wost that can happen is a mod will talk to you about it via PM - only the biggest offenders get banned (people with few posts are more likely to get the harsh sentence since they have less to lose). Debate is always welcomed here, the more rigorous the better if there is some intelligence involved as long as the topic is not offensive, slanderous or illegal its usually all good.

I dont check ATF often, glad I was told about this thread!