Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2007, 04:33 PM

Default Re: Full Ring advice

Thank you for all your advice.
About skipping that level, I would like to do that but my BR doesn't permit that.

About the sample of hands, it is true. I will wait to understand the situation. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2007, 04:43 PM

At what level does the play start to be better enough not to have an average of 5 guys into each pot (even when 3-bet) ?
I am rolled enough to play 10c/20c, 25c/50c and 50c/1$ (according to 1000, 500, and 300 BB bankroll).
What should I try ?

Also, what stats are standard in SH ? FR ? (`m talking `bout V$IP/PFR)

Thanks
Old 11-27-2007, 04:44 PM

For the last question --> faq, for the first: .25/.50 is your game!
Old 11-27-2007, 04:51 PM

Fret, wtf!, where have you been ?!
Old 11-27-2007, 05:23 PM

Living life, doing exams, quitting job (this technically makes me a pro, lawl), playing poker, currently writing diploma thesis. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2007, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would advise skipping .02/.04 altogether and trying something higher. I think the amount of bad habits you learn there far outweighs any good habits you might pick up.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very true, I had the same exact problem with FR .02/.04 although I was usually a winner at SH. Then I realized, playing that limit actually made me paraniod about miracle cards which dragged me into a passive play. I found myself calling and thinking "what the hell, if i win, i win, no need to lose money on a 2 outer, these guys aren't folding anyway and somehow they catch cards."

The moment I saw this, I quit the limit, moved up to .05/.1. I started playing poker about 2 months ago so I am not winning too much in total, but the experience at this limit is giving me good habits.

So push your bankroll a bit, an extra couple of dollars has less value compared to the "correct" knowledge you will acquire.

By the way it is my first post, and never thought I would be giving an advice at this point, but as I said I had the same problem and figured this might help. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2007, 04:55 AM

I actually don't get all the fuss about .02/.04 being nigh unbeatable. When I cashed out at Stars, I left 5$ in to play the nano-limits, and I was crushing them with over 10BB/100.
As long as you play tight preflop and aggressively protect your made hands postflop, there's nothing keeping you from walking away with all the other peoples' cents...

You just have to stick to some decent basic strategy, and value bet the hell out of your hands. Same goes with .05/.10.

They may not respect your raises, but as long as those are for value, they're not nearly drawing out on you as much as you think...

However it is true that, if you're new to the game, you're going to develop some bad habits (overplaying overcards, seeing the showdown too much, etc.). But one has to start somewhere, and as long as you try to keep improving your game, the nanos are as good a place as any to start...

If anything, you'll learn to appreciate bad beats, and avoid tilting. It's the occasional bad beat that keeps the fish returning to donate their money to you!!!
Old 11-28-2007, 05:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I actually don't get all the fuss about .02/.04 being nigh unbeatable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think anybody said anything about it being unbeatable (unless I missed something?). People were saying don't play it because you develop bad habits there.

EDIT: Never mind. I just realized that this was something the OP said right at the top of the thread

[ QUOTE ]
If you don't hit the nut, there are no possibilities to win

[/ QUOTE ]

Duh. Way to say another dumb thing, neurotiq. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2007, 05:36 AM

Your losses at 0.02/0.04 could be just variance. Although I think you might face other challenges as well. Could it be you are playing your AKo and hand similar hands too aggressively post-flop, while folding hands like QJs pre-flop?

I think 0.02/0.04 is very beatable. In fact, it should be highly profitable. In higher levels people spend a lot of time to find a loose passive player. And here you have them in abundance! But the profits come from POST-flop play. If 6-7 players see the flop, and you see the flop 35% of the time, you are still tight enough to make profit. If there is a problem, I don't think it is in your pre-flop play.