Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2007, 10:36 AM

Default Re: Pokerstars Theme (free]

The jack seems to have a chunk of it missing on its right side lower middle. It seems to be missing in your screenshots too. Doesn't bother me too much, just thought you might wanna know in case it was an easy-fix bug.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:02 AM

I wish it were a truly "easy fix". I do know what caused it. That little bit of black you see - on the right edge of the "J" face - is actually the very left edge of the "Q". It has something to do with these BMP/Mask files. I had tried moving the Q as far left as possible, on the BMP layout, because it had appeared to be off-center to the right.

It is a pretty quick adjustment to make. Unfortunately it takes about an hour+ to convert the fixed PNG file into the necessary BMP/Mask files, and check to see if it fixed it. Nothing real complicated, but you dont know if the adjustment fixed the problem, until u load them all into PStars. I wish I could just layout the entire deck visually, like I do on FT. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Please let me know if you see any other problems with the text. I haven't played with this new deck at stars, since I made it.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:23 AM

Made my first 2 table shapes for stars. Ignore the blue background, just a color I picked to contrast the table a bit. Just made em gray shade for now, as that is my preference. This is the Absolute Poker style Quarter and Top view table I recently made .

Top View Elliptical

Quarter View Elliptical
Old 09-03-2007, 06:44 AM

Dont have time to test right now, but great job guys.
Themes are easy to find. Card mods much harder. Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-03-2007, 10:13 AM

nice work fozmeister [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-03-2007, 11:19 AM

Here is a table i made for psychological purposes (Trying to plug leaks by any means). Base table by Everlong i slightly modified the border. The Donkey logo is all mine based on the playboy bunny.

Old 09-03-2007, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wish it were a truly "easy fix". I do know what caused it. That little bit of black you see - on the right edge of the "J" face - is actually the very left edge of the "Q". It has something to do with these BMP/Mask files. I had tried moving the Q as far left as possible, on the BMP layout, because it had appeared to be off-center to the right.

It is a pretty quick adjustment to make. Unfortunately it takes about an hour+ to convert the fixed PNG file into the necessary BMP/Mask files, and check to see if it fixed it. Nothing real complicated, but you dont know if the adjustment fixed the problem, until u load them all into PStars. I wish I could just layout the entire deck visually, like I do on FT. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Please let me know if you see any other problems with the text. I haven't played with this new deck at stars, since I made it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed it!
It took me 2 attempts. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] Moved the Q 1 pixel to the right, remade and resized all 7 sizes of text, in PNG format. Then converted all 7 of em to Bmp .a.BMP, only to find out I should have moved the Q 2 pixels to the right. So, I did it all again, and moved the Q 1 more place to the right.

The small black mark, on the right edge of the J Face, is now gone. The Q obviously looks a little bit shifted to the right. This is far less distracting than the black mark on the J, in my opinion.

Enjoy - I am done making cards for a while. Dont be surprised if you see a few tables from me soon though. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

5.4-Stars-Fixed.zip

Old 09-03-2007, 12:53 PM

How do you get these cards into stars? If I just replace a current deck with this one it overwrites them when I start the program.
Old 09-03-2007, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How do you get these cards into stars? If I just replace a current deck with this one it overwrites them when I start the program.

[/ QUOTE ]

These cards are designed to replace the "Simple" cards.

You need to run Pokerstars.exe when u start PStars, not PokerstarsUpdate.exe If you use a shortcut (on your desktop, etc) then u need to make a new shortcut - pointing to the non-update.exe

I am pretty sure this has been mentioned in this thread before.
Old 09-03-2007, 01:39 PM

I am interested in making a card mod, maybe theme too. I spent some time looking at the files, but haven't downloaded these mods or experimented much yet.

The way stars makes decks it seems weird to me.. like it pieces together different images of the main face with the little pip and the Q,2,7, or whatever?

I might make a hyper-simple type theme of my own for multitabling, but I was more interested in a "fancy" one like the default for when I am just focused on one table. If you look at the file layout for 'default' it is different than 'simple' because it has a single deck image in the root folder instead of 7 different ones in the 0-6 folders.

I would probably just be making this for my own use so I can just mess with files for the '3 folder' or whatever works for the size I usually have my tables?

Anyhow... If you look at the 'cardbase' images in the default folders you see those rectangles... I guess that is some guide to take a certain 47x91 slice of the basic deck image and interpolate/extrapolate it for that card size?

How does the program know how to do this? Is it programmed into some encrypted file we can't mess with? If like you say it replacing the simple cards you start with, maybe I won't be able to accomplish what I want.

I have a whole ton of base images from some other weird program I never used with weird decks... not going to try to recreate these decks or anything.. but if I wanted to do something like this do you think that I can pull it off?

I have a lot of experimenting to do obviously and I will update when I have time to work later.