Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2007, 06:18 PM

Default Re: Keyshawn

[ QUOTE ]
Needle, it was reported in NFL live that they paid him his 3M bonus, which I also assume counts against this years cap. This cut really doesn't make much sense to me. I'd like to see him on the 49ers

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. So this is really dumb. So he might have said a few things? There are disciplinary actions for that, you made an investment and you cut it. I have no idea how that 3 million now effects their cap but like I said earlier, if I paid a player I want to see what he can do. If he doesn't make the team, well then I made a bad decision when I offered him that contract but at least I tried him out.

I can't see this as good. Johnson even seemed thrilled that Jarret was coming to Carolina and Jarrett seemed just as happy. I'm gonna assume that the team used Johnson as an ambassador to Jarrett as well so if the team did draft him he would already be in good standing with the team. I'm sure I'm just ranting but this seems like a horrible move by management unless something else comes out saying that Keyshawn did something terrible that we don't know.

Eh, and I just said in KBZ's thread that management is right nearly 100% of the time.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Keyshawn needs to go back to the Jets.
We need him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Laverneus does a lot of the things he'd do. Its good to have 2 guys to go over the middle, make tough grabs, get killed and pop back up, but I don't know if we *need* him. He also run blocks very well, which is exciting.

They guy's very valuable, sure he'll find a lot of interest.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you high keyshawn and coles are similar in regards that they play in the nfl, are black, and both play WR.

Keyshawn is slow and big 6'4 he can run block. He plays in the slot and is a Possession receiver.

Coles is very fast, a big play threat, he is 5'11 and almost always never lines up in the slot.

but yeah i guess i could see how they do a lot of the same things...
Old 05-01-2007, 10:48 PM

As a Panthers fan, I don't like them getting rid of Keyshawn. If they have too many receivers, I'd rather them cut Colbert instead.

Regarding the $3M bonus, this was on Charlotte.com

[ QUOTE ]
Contrary to wide-spread reports, the Panthers did not pay Johnson a $3 million bonus on April 1. They did pay him $1 million on April 1, but that was money that was deferred from his initial $3 million signing bonus and had to be paid under any circumstances. The Panthers will avoid a $1 million reporting bonus that would have been due if Johnson came to training camp.

Johnson will be designated as a June 1 cut and that will allow the Panthers to spread out his salary cap hit over two years. Had Johnson played this year, he would have cost $3.25 million against the cap. Instead, he will count $1.25 million this year and $2.5 million against the 2008 cap.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-02-2007, 11:07 AM

Wouldn't it be sick to see Keyshawn be a Jet again?
Old 05-02-2007, 11:14 AM

Andy Reid made a proposition to Keyshawn during the show, Eagles need a WR. I can pray right?
Old 05-02-2007, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Keyshawn needs to go back to the Jets.
We need him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Laverneus does a lot of the things he'd do. Its good to have 2 guys to go over the middle, make tough grabs, get killed and pop back up, but I don't know if we *need* him. He also run blocks very well, which is exciting.

They guy's very valuable, sure he'll find a lot of interest.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you high keyshawn and coles are similar in regards that they play in the nfl, are black, and both play WR.

Keyshawn is slow and big 6'4 he can run block. He plays in the slot and is a Possession receiver.

Coles is very fast, a big play threat, he is 5'11 and almost always never lines up in the slot.

but yeah i guess i could see how they do a lot of the same things...

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, Laverneus and Keyshawn both go over the middle and catch the ball. Laverneus has speed, but he's primarily a possession wr. as is keyshawn. key can't do anything coles/cotch can't. no key in ny. not on the jets anyways.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:46 AM

he's been on 4 teams, and this is 2 that he's been basically thrown off of for being an idiot. he's an idiot and will always be an idiot - and he hasn't even been that good a receiver in a few years.

please giants don't even think about it.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:16 PM

incredibly stupid decision by the panthers. The offense here was nothing special at all last year, so you cut a very productive #2 receiver? Guess it goes along well with completely ignoring a blinding need at TE in the draft. Idiots.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:47 PM

I think run first teams would definitely beneift from having him, as would obviously teams that lack a 2nd or 3rd WR that can go over the middle. Teams that fit that description imo:

Baltimore
KC
Buffalo
Tennessee
Jacksonville
San Diego
Minnesota
Atlanta
Philly
Old 05-02-2007, 09:28 PM

that was dumb, i woulda kept him on one more year