Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2007, 08:53 PM

Default BBs Per Hour?

Hey, could someone please tell me what something like 4 BBs per hour would translate to in terms of hourly wage?

Also, just a general question...about how mnay hands can you get in playing at an online server for an hour?

Thanks
Old 05-02-2007, 08:59 PM

Default Re: BBs Per Hour?

[ QUOTE ]
Hey, could someone please tell me what something like 4 BBs per hour would translate to in terms of hourly wage?

Also, just a general question...about how mnay hands can you get in playing at an online server for an hour?

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]
So many variables in this question...
Hourly rate is just BB's/hour times what the Big bet is. So if you are playing 10/20 limit, 4bb/hr would be $80/hr, assuming you play one table. If you are playing NL with 5/10 blinds, 4bb/hr would be $40/hr/table. BB can mean different things depending on what game you play. (limit or NL)
From my online experience, I'd say 60 hands/hour/table is generous at lower stakes. I imagine the # will be higher as the stakes go up because people will be paying attention a little more. Hope this helps.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:17 PM

depends on what stakes u play
Old 05-02-2007, 10:14 PM

I'll take a shot at it too.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How much is a big bet in the game in question? Multiply that by 4 and you have your answer.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Me? 500 or so. There are people who get in a lot more. I'd guess some tournament players could push 2000 hands in a peak hour. To make a guestimate, I'd just figure 50 hands per hour per table you play.

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

No problem. If I were you, I'd make sure I understood what I was asking before I put too much stock in the answers I get.

Best of luck.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you are playing NL with 5/10 blinds, 4bb/hr would be $40/hr/table.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is incorrect.

First off, when talking about no limit "BB/hr" or "BB/100" they are often referring to to ptBB, which is based of a LHE big bet, or double the big blind. Therefore 4 BB/hour in a 5/10 NL game is (most likely) $80/hour.

Secondly, BB/hour does not equal BB/table/hour. OP does not specify if he is talking about single or multiple tabling. If the above NL player single-tables, when he plays two tables, he doubles his BB/hour. Most professionals would give $$/hour, not BB, but just the same hourly rate usually takes into consideration the # of tables played. So player who plays 4 tables at a time and earns 4BB/hour only makes 1/BB per hour per table. See the difference?

Sorry to be a nit. I made it more confusing, didn't I?
Old 05-02-2007, 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you are playing NL with 5/10 blinds, 4bb/hr would be $40/hr/table.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is incorrect.

First off, when talking about no limit "BB/hr" or "BB/100" they are often referring to to ptBB, which is based of a LHE big bet, or double the big blind. Therefore 4 BB/hour in a 5/10 NL game is (most likely) $80/hour.

Secondly, BB/hour does not equal BB/table/hour. OP does not specify if he is talking about single or multiple tabling. If the above NL player single-tables, when he plays two tables, he doubles his BB/hour. Most professionals would give $$/hour, not BB, but just the same hourly rate usually takes into consideration the # of tables played. So player who plays 4 tables at a time and earns 4BB/hour only makes 1/BB per hour per table. See the difference?

Sorry to be a nit. I made it more confusing, didn't I?

[/ QUOTE ]
I was referring to BB's, not PTBB's, but I guess I should've specified. I was also referring to BB/table/hour as if you played the same number of tables all of the time. EX. I 4 table $5/$10 NL at 4 Bigblinds per hour per table. I would make 4 * 40 = $160/hr playing 4 tables. I understand what you were saying with adding/subtracting tables, though. Thanks for the correction.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:51 AM

depends on the limits you are playing: 3/6: $24 per hour, 5/10: $40 per hour.